Huge FPS drop with no effects - Dead Space

• Abcd909
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #1 by Abcd909 Huge FPS drop with no effects - Dead Space was created by Abcd909
Basically what the title says. Without Reshade i have about 300 FPS, with it 16 FPS effects enabled. I have also tried older versions of Reshade, and it seems to only lag with versions with a installer. Tried all the 3 and 4 Reshade versions and they have this problem. Also the depth buffer doesnt seem to work, and mxao is all screwed up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Uncle Crassius
More
4 years 9 months ago #2 by Uncle Crassius Replied by Uncle Crassius on topic Huge FPS drop with no effects - Dead Space
Depth buffer works for me if I change the resolution to 1080p max. Sucks if you have a monitor with native 1440p or 4K. Never encountered such severe freamedrops, though, so no advice on that I'm afraid.

• Acey05
More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #3 by Acey05 Replied by Acey05 on topic Huge FPS drop with no effects - Dead Space
Can confirm, Depth Buffer doesn't work in Dead Space anymore, it shows for a few seconds when loading scenes, then goes back to blank.

I was able to get back the depth buffer by enabling "depth buffer" under the DX9 window of Reshade, but that causes all sorts of issue from transparent models, to particles effect clipping through everything.

Also, I need to press the Reshade Home key like 3 times for reshade to work, it overlays several UI's during this, and I don't know why.
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Acey05.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.