Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How do I get the settings to save?

How do I get the settings to save? 1 month 21 hours ago #1

I made a profile
I'm the admin
I specifically started the game with admin rights
I specifically gave myself full ownership of the game folder

Yet when I click performance mode or restart the game, all my settings get lost.
why?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How do I get the settings to save? 1 month 16 hours ago #2

You know, Windows can be strange, and even the admin doesn't always have all rights, as can be seen in the advanced ownership and permission settings. I have learned that several times. Maybe reinstall the game to another folder..? Or check in depths of the the folder / file properties whether you have full ownership / writing rights.
Xeon E3-1231 v3, MSI GTX 970 @1446/3903 MHz, 16 GB DDR3-1600

How do I get the settings to save? 4 weeks 2 days ago #3

My user account specifically, as well as every other Administrator and User account have full control over the game and every subfolder. It's not the first time I do this stuff.
Owner is the Administrators group (which my account belongs to) and I'd rather not change that as I've had changing ownership on Windows 10 cause some problems in the past.
But thank you for trying to help.
Last Edit: 4 weeks 2 days ago by b4783009.

How do I get the settings to save? 2 weeks 6 days ago #4

I actually have the same problem, nothing I changes in ReShade gets saved, even creating new file does not get saved. Game runs as admin, so that's not the issue. This all worked perfectly before,,,, but few weeks ago I installed Chocolatey software and it forcibly installed some random windows updates and probably also altered directX.... can't really remember nor track down the changes.

Long story short, unable to save any changes nor create custom profiles in latest ReShade. System is win7

Thanks

Cool... got it to work again, just uninstalled latest MS patches, not Definition Updates, but "security" ones, and wham.... all is shiny again : )

because I am new in this forum system, dunno is it ok to post pictures or not, ... just last 21 days patches win7 had.... probably KB4493132 or bigger and shadier update KB4507449.
Last Edit: 2 weeks 6 days ago by caubert. Reason: forgot one note