Reshade in World of Warcraft

• Fukuro
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 8 months ago #1 by Fukuro Reshade in World of Warcraft was created by Fukuro
Hello. I've been using reshade for several years now, so its not like i completely dont understand how it works. But i just cant get it to work correctly with WoW.
I am able to only modify filters and such, but when it comes to things like DoF and MXAO for example, it simply doesnt work. There are no errors compiling files. Using latest reshade.
I know for a fact that a guy uses qUint SSR and MXAO in this video. And I just cant get this results whatsoever. What could be the issue?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• brazzjazz
More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #2 by brazzjazz Replied by brazzjazz on topic Reshade in World of Warcraft
Sounds like something broke depth buffer access. Check the "DisplayDOF" shader and whether you see some sort of layer - left one is normal map, right one depth map. If you just have a black screen, or two plain color fields, then you have no depth buffer (or depth buffer access). There are several things that can break depth buffer access, such as using MSAA in some instances. According to reshade.me/compatibility , WoW runs on both Direct3D 9 and Direct3D 10. Have you tried using the other API?
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by brazzjazz.

• Fukuro
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 8 months ago #3 by Fukuro Replied by Fukuro on topic Reshade in World of Warcraft
the case was with depth buffer yes. once i clicked correct buffer in dx11 menu, it started working, thank you.

Yet i wasnt been able to do the trick in Elder Scrolls Online. There is no working buffer. I wonder why that is?

• seri14
More
4 years 8 months ago #4 by seri14 Replied by seri14 on topic Reshade in World of Warcraft
See this topic. reshade.me/forum/troubleshooting/5227
ReShade does hiding depth buffer when detect network activity from your playing game.

• brazzjazz
More
4 years 8 months ago #5 by brazzjazz Replied by brazzjazz on topic Reshade in World of Warcraft

seri14 wrote: See this topic. reshade.me/forum/troubleshooting/5227
ReShade does hiding depth buffer when detect network activity from your playing game.

Oh, right, that multiplayer / anti-cheat thing, I totally forgot.

• SharpMind
More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #6 by SharpMind Replied by SharpMind on topic Reshade in World of Warcraft
To be honest, everything possible with money in World of Warcraft
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by SharpMind.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.