Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SOLVED] C&C Generals Zero Hour - Crashing at startup

C&C Generals Zero Hour - Crashing at startup 2 months 2 weeks ago #1

Hello,

So I was trying to set up Reshade with Generals Zero Hour, but I can't get it to work. The compatibilty should be 'perfect' according to the gamelist by using d3d8to9. So I did this and I'm pretty sure I did it correctly: First I put d8to9 in the game directory and left the filename as d3d8.dll, next I installed Reshade with the installer and chose direct3d 9. Result is game crashing at startup..

Btw, I already got it to work by using dgvoodoo and direct3d 10+, but it's not fully reliable and still crashes easily after playing for a couple of minutes, so I hoped the dx9 to be more reliable if I could get it working correctly.

Help is much appreciated
The administrator has disabled public write access.

C&C Generals Zero Hour - Crashing at startup 1 month 4 weeks ago #2

You could try renaming the d3d9.dll to dxgi.dll or some of the other names (dinput.dll, dsound.dll, ddraw.dll etc.)
Xeon E3-1231 v3, MSI GTX 970 @1446/3903 MHz, 16 GB DDR3-1600

C&C Generals Zero Hour - Crashing at startup 1 month 3 weeks ago #3

thanks for your suggestions, unfortunately those didn't work, the game won't crash but reshade just simply doesn't load.

C&C Generals Zero Hour - Crashing at startup 1 month 6 days ago #4

If it helps any c&c fan, I've found a solution to make the d3d8to9 work, compatability mode for the game must be turned off (originally xp service pack 3 was needed to run it)