[SOLVED] C&C Generals Zero Hour - Crashing at startup

• -ExiLe`
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 8 months ago #1 by -ExiLe` C&C Generals Zero Hour - Crashing at startup was created by -ExiLe`
Hello,

So I was trying to set up Reshade with Generals Zero Hour, but I can't get it to work. The compatibilty should be 'perfect' according to the gamelist by using d3d8to9. So I did this and I'm pretty sure I did it correctly: First I put d8to9 in the game directory and left the filename as d3d8.dll, next I installed Reshade with the installer and chose direct3d 9. Result is game crashing at startup..

Btw, I already got it to work by using dgvoodoo and direct3d 10+, but it's not fully reliable and still crashes easily after playing for a couple of minutes, so I hoped the dx9 to be more reliable if I could get it working correctly.

Help is much appreciated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• brazzjazz
More
4 years 7 months ago #2 by brazzjazz Replied by brazzjazz on topic C&C Generals Zero Hour - Crashing at startup
You could try renaming the d3d9.dll to dxgi.dll or some of the other names (dinput.dll, dsound.dll, ddraw.dll etc.)

• -ExiLe`
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 7 months ago #3 by -ExiLe` Replied by -ExiLe` on topic C&C Generals Zero Hour - Crashing at startup
thanks for your suggestions, unfortunately those didn't work, the game won't crash but reshade just simply doesn't load.

• -ExiLe`
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 7 months ago #4 by -ExiLe` Replied by -ExiLe` on topic C&C Generals Zero Hour - Crashing at startup
If it helps any c&c fan, I've found a solution to make the d3d8to9 work, compatability mode for the game must be turned off (originally xp service pack 3 was needed to run it)

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.