issue with sharex (presumably) and reshade hotkeys

• papatulus
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 8 months ago #1 by papatulus issue with sharex (presumably) and reshade hotkeys was created by papatulus
Recently installed reshade, works perfectly with one minor issue. I take most of my screenshots via ShareX rather than whatever inbuilt thing reshade or the game I'm playing has. The hotkey for shareX is alt+printscreen, which brings up sharex's own overlay to let me capture a portion of the screen. After I do that, reshade's hotkeys no longer function no matter what I do until I relaunch the game.
Closing down the shareX process doesn't seem to restore hotkey functionality either.
The only hotkeys I have for reshade are shift+F2 to open the overlay and Numpad+ to toggle effects. All others are blank.
There's probably just something I'm being silly about but it is incredibly annoying so I'm wondering if this is a known issue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Baketality
More
4 years 8 months ago #2 by Baketality Replied by Baketality on topic issue with sharex (presumably) and reshade hotkeys
I've been having this same issue since a new expansion for FFXIV came out. It was never an issue before but now it happens every time I take a screenshot with ShareX. Sometimes if I leave the game running long enough, the hotkeys for Reshade start to work again at random but it's usually far longer than I'm willing to wait.

Have you found a solution to this issue yet?

• papatulus
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 8 months ago #3 by papatulus Replied by papatulus on topic issue with sharex (presumably) and reshade hotkeys

Baketality wrote: I've been having this same issue since a new expansion for FFXIV came out. It was never an issue before but now it happens every time I take a screenshot with ShareX. Sometimes if I leave the game running long enough, the hotkeys for Reshade start to work again at random but it's usually far longer than I'm willing to wait.

Have you found a solution to this issue yet?

I've found a sort of work-around, I have two monitors and play windowed borderless so its fairly easy to switch focus off of FFXIV while still having it on screen. If I use the shareX command while FFXIV isn't the currently active window, I won't lose reshade's hotkey function. Seems to only happen while ffxiv is the active window.

• papatulus
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 8 months ago #4 by papatulus Replied by papatulus on topic issue with sharex (presumably) and reshade hotkeys
OK an update - not sure if something changed but for whatever reason pressing the CTRL button after taking a photo with sharex seems to restore functionality to reshade. The other workaround of taking photos while XIV isnt in focus also works.

unsure why but at least it's mostly resolved (for me) now!

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.