[SOLVED] Reshade tutorial won't run - any tips?

• aerothorn
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 7 months ago #1 by aerothorn Reshade tutorial won't run - any tips? was created by aerothorn
I started up Reshade after a fresh install, and there was no tutorial (which I've seen referenced elsewhere). I clicked the "Restart Tutorial" button in the setting, but nothing happens when I click it.

Any ideas? As of now I cannot figure out how to get Reshade to save the settings, and I figured the tutorial would help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• marmamowl
More
4 years 7 months ago #2 by marmamowl Replied by marmamowl on topic Reshade tutorial won't run - any tips?
You can try editing ReShade.ini to force the tutorial to reappear. In the game directory you installed ReShade into, open ReShade.ini and change TutorialProgress under [GENERAL] to TutorialProgress=0.

Are you referring to ReShade not saving your shader settings? Ensure that you have a preset file; ReShade should automatically create DefaultPreset.ini in the game directory. ReShade has loaded your preset file if the filename shows up in the bar right below the tabs, next to the <> arrows. If one isn't present, you can create it by clicking on the + at the right end of that bar. Alternatively, if you're referring to ReShade not saving its own settings, ReShade stores all its settings in ReShade.ini and you can try modifying them directly through there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: aerothorn

• aerothorn
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 7 months ago #3 by aerothorn Replied by aerothorn on topic Reshade tutorial won't run - any tips?
Thanks! I realized that performance mode was enabled and that was blocking the tutorial from running.
I did make a profile, but haven't been able to get it to save anything - not which effects are selected, and not any changed settings for those effects. It's possible it's a Windows 10 bug that's blocking write permissions (while I can change security permissions, the "read-only" checkbox for a folder instantly resets after unchecking it, which includues my game/reshade folder).

• marmamowl
More
4 years 7 months ago #4 by marmamowl Replied by marmamowl on topic Reshade tutorial won't run - any tips?
Try placing the preset into a directory you can write to and pointing ReShade to it? (tip: might be easier to just edit CurrentPresetPath= rather than navigating in-GUI, that's just me though :P)
The following user(s) said Thank You: aerothorn

• aerothorn
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 7 months ago #5 by aerothorn Replied by aerothorn on topic Reshade tutorial won't run - any tips?
Hmm - not sure the issue is the location after all. I moved it to the top of my C drive, but nothing seemed to change. The root issue may be this: in the Reshade GUI, when I click the Profile name and then click the "..." under it (which I assume would open up location info), the entire program crashes.

• aerothorn
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 7 months ago #6 by aerothorn Replied by aerothorn on topic Reshade tutorial won't run - any tips?
Figured it out! There were old presets (from a few months ago, when I tried this the first time) that were somehow screwing things up. Deleted them and everything else for a fresh install, and that fixed it. Thanks much!

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.