Doom 3: Neither mouse nor keyboard work

• Mizkreant
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 6 months ago #1 by Mizkreant Doom 3: Neither mouse nor keyboard work was created by Mizkreant
Running the CD retail version of Doom 3, patched to 1.3 with Reshade version 4.3 on Windows 10. Mouse won't move into the Reshade window. Keyboard shortcuts don't work either. Game mouse pointer moves around in the background, while Windows mouse pointer appears locked in the middle of the screen. Any possible solutions or workarounds?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• BeTa
More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #2 by BeTa Replied by BeTa on topic Doom 3: Neither mouse nor keyboard work
Does this happen when ingame or in the Game Menue?
Try going to the Game Menue First (esc) and then open reshade.

I also have this in some Games and entering an static screen (main menue, esc, menue, etc) does unlock the Mouse so to say..

Theres also an option in Reshade but im not shure if this will change anything with "those" games..

Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by BeTa.

• Mizkreant
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #3 by Mizkreant Replied by Mizkreant on topic Doom 3: Neither mouse nor keyboard work
No, it doesn't work regardless if I press Home in game or in the menu. Doom 3 has some kind of custom mouse cursor, when I bring up Reshade I can see the Windows mouse pointer in the middle of the screen, which doesn't move. Doom's mouse pointer moves but behind the Reshade window.

EDIT: After pressing CTRL+TAB, keyboard shortcuts now work. Mouse doesn't work with Reshade in this game, but at least I can configure Reshade now.
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Mizkreant.

• BlueSkyKnight
More
4 years 6 months ago #4 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic Doom 3: Neither mouse nor keyboard work

Mizkreant wrote: No, it doesn't work regardless if I press Home in game or in the menu. Doom 3 has some kind of custom mouse cursor, when I bring up Reshade I can see the Windows mouse pointer in the middle of the screen, which doesn't move. Doom's mouse pointer moves but behind the Reshade window.

EDIT: After pressing CTRL+TAB, keyboard shortcuts now work. Mouse doesn't work with Reshade in this game, but at least I can configure Reshade now.

Open the console in-game. Then you should access to clickys.

• Mizkreant
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 6 months ago #5 by Mizkreant Replied by Mizkreant on topic Doom 3: Neither mouse nor keyboard work
Thanks for the tip, but it didn't work for me.

• Rayman_77
More
4 years 6 months ago #6 by Rayman_77 Replied by Rayman_77 on topic Doom 3: Neither mouse nor keyboard work
Open the console in-game, then alt + Enter Window mode, In quake 4 it works like this.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.