Gears 5 seems to crash with reshade???

• shad 22
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 5 months ago #1 by shad 22 Gears 5 seems to crash with reshade??? was created by shad 22
I just purchased Gears 5 and when I linked it to reshade the game crashes at the edios logo. Any way to get around this? Or why this happens. The game starts fine once not linked to reshade. Sucks because ive waited so long for a gears to get on PC steam and I wanted so badly to test new graphics.

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• derrame
More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #2 by derrame Replied by derrame on topic Gears 5 seems to crash with reshade???
Yes, it crashes even with the latest version or reshade, too bad :(

actually all directx12 games crash with reshade
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by derrame.

• brazzjazz
More
3 years 9 months ago #3 by brazzjazz Replied by brazzjazz on topic Gears 5 seems to crash with reshade???
try renaming dxgi.dll in your game directory to something else, such as d3d11.dll..? Or dinput.dll, dsound.dll

• derrame
More
3 years 9 months ago #4 by derrame Replied by derrame on topic Gears 5 seems to crash with reshade???
Thanks for the answer I renamed dxgi but the game still crashes on launch

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.