GTA 3 + Reshade - always starting in 16 bit color

• v00d00m4n
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #1 by v00d00m4n GTA 3 + Reshade - always starting in 16 bit color was created by v00d00m4n
and crashing on change or resolution because its very sensitive with wrapper or enumeration and change of resolution not fully implemented in d3d8 mode.

Using asi of latest versions:
SilentPatch
GinputIII
gta3vcsa_resolution_override
GTAIII_widescreen_fix
III_draw_distantce_changer
limit_adjuster_gta3vcsa
//last two was taken from 2dfx 2.5

tried without them - same results.

tried directly as d3d8 and with chain of enb converter for gta 3 and reshade as d3d9 - same results, however when i use just enb d3d8 it starts in 32 bit mode and i can even change mode without crash.

I wonder if there any option in reshade to force refresh rate, color depth, width, heigh, mulisampling, windowed mode, buffer format (would be really nice to force game output in 16 bit per channel color mode, color banding killing my eyes like 15 years, the only 2 games that used 16 bit per color channel was RE 5 and Alien Isolation and they made me realist that its possible and games should be all in this 48 or 64 bit colors with smooth gradients since the days vista and dx10 came out).

So can we have some fix for GTA 3 and probably other games that may try to use 16 bit color mode instead of 32?
Maybe ignore all 16 bit calls and force 32 or 48-64 bit (with option to select one via define) ??? Or maybe prioritize higher bit depth over lower?

pastebin.com/m96Dv4a3
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by v00d00m4n.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 11 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic GTA 3 + Reshade - always starting in 16 bit color
There is no 64bit color format. ReShade prioritizes 32bit formats over 16bit formats , so I don't know why the game is so interested in choosing a 16bit format. The ENB wrapper doesn't enumerate 16bit formats at all I think, but that's the wrong approach.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.