Reshade doesn't work with Fortnite at all.

• pcnuttie
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 4 months ago #1 by pcnuttie Reshade doesn't work with Fortnite at all. was created by pcnuttie
There is a crash error regarding dx11.dll using Reshade with Fortnite. From my understanding this has something to do with Battle eye anti-cheat probably. We all know shade isn't a cheat at all. Is there a workaround for this issue? I even renamed it and it worked but I see no HEADER title of Reshade but it seems not to work at all. There needs to be a fix for this dilemma. I would like to use Reshade for Fortnite so I can elimate the cartoonish look :D Post if you know how to run Reshade properly in Fortnite.

Is there a proper installation for this or have you encountered this issue? Get back to me gamers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• brazzjazz
More
4 years 4 months ago #2 by brazzjazz Replied by brazzjazz on topic Reshade doesn't work with Fortnite at all.
I'm going to leave my loathing of Fortnite aside in order to be able to answer your question... :-D

I don't know what the exact anti-cheat policy / technological implementation is on the part of Fortnite, but there are several scenarios:

- Some games just prevent the loading of any unknown third-party DLL, so you'd be out of luck
- Alternatively, it may be that your particular ReShade DLL gets blocked because it is unknown and hasn't been whitelisted yet. I'd try an earlier version of ReShade to check that.
www.mediafire.com/folder/8ar1jhh1809cl/ReShade_Repository

If aforementioned fails, you could still try using Nvidia Freestyle, which has a set of similar post-processing shaders (provided you have an Nvidia card). Alt+F3 ingame.

P.S. I hate cartoony graphics as well, at least that we can agree on :-)

• Tridanoob
More
3 years 3 months ago #3 by Tridanoob Replied by Tridanoob on topic Reshade doesn't work with Fortnite at all.
I have heard that reshade is whitelisted by EAC so I don't think its due to that

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.