[SOLVED] Problem with SWTOR

• Breat
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 6 months ago #1 by Breat Problem with SWTOR was created by Breat
Hello,

After installing ReShade for SWTOR game, i have a problem :

I don't see my lightsaber, skills effects and loots on monsters

I needed installed ReShade with DirectX 10 if not the game don't start (solution founded on internet).

The problem stay after disabling ReShade, i need rename the "dxgi.dll" in "dxgi.dll.old" for exemple and restart the game to fix it, so ReShade can't be loaded.

Someone can help me ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• brazzjazz
More
4 years 6 months ago #2 by brazzjazz Replied by brazzjazz on topic Problem with SWTOR
Strange, according to this reshade.me/compatibility SWTOR needs Direct3D 9 (d3d9.dll).

I'm not quite sure whether the problem still persists, even without ReShade?

• Breat
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #3 by Breat Replied by Breat on topic Problem with SWTOR
Hello,
If i disable ReShade by the shortkey (SHIFT+F3 for me) the problem stay but if i rename or delete the dxgi.dll and restart the game, it's good no more problem but no more ReShade too :)

If i install ReShade with DX9, then the launcher start but when i click on Play nothing happend and no process of swtor.exe in taks..
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Breat.

• Breat
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 4 months ago #4 by Breat Replied by Breat on topic Problem with SWTOR
Hello,
No one have a solution ? I tryed with the lastest version 4.5.3 and I have the same problem.

• Achim93
More
4 years 4 months ago #5 by Achim93 Replied by Achim93 on topic Problem with SWTOR
Maybe try renaming it to d3d10.dll ...

• Krasius
More
4 years 6 days ago #6 by Krasius Replied by Krasius on topic Problem with SWTOR
Use Reshade 4.2.1 and dxgi.dll.
Newer Reshade requires turning Swtor AA setting to Medium.

• Krasius
More
3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #7 by Krasius Replied by Krasius on topic Problem with SWTOR
I got AA high/very high working with no missing lightsaber/effects on newer Reshade (4.8 atm).
In D3D9 tab, check the box "Disable replacement with INTZ format". Btw I use dxgi.dll in retailclient folder.
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Krasius.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gua543

• gua543
More
1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #8 by gua543 Replied by gua543 on topic Problem with SWTOR
I experienced the exact issue as OP after the 64-bit update and Krasius' solution fixed it for me. The only difference was that the option to disable INTZ format was in the Add-ons tab. Thanks!
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by gua543. Reason: Added additional clarification

• Synergy
More
5 months 3 weeks ago - 5 months 3 weeks ago #9 by Synergy Replied by Synergy on topic Problem with SWTOR
ReShade 5.9.2
DX9 tab not available.
Depth Buffer setting in Addon section does not have disable option.

However the fix that worked for me was to disable all in-game anti-aliasing (Set to "Off"). No reload required. Instantly made lightsabers and effects visible again.

Hope that helps someone else out.

Edit: Also works with "Medium" AA setting. Anything higher does not work. :)
Last edit: 5 months 3 weeks ago by Synergy. Reason: Additional information about valid settings added.
The following user(s) said Thank You: chad.lundgren@gmail.com

• chad.lundgren@gmail.com
More
5 months 2 weeks ago #10 by chad.lundgren@gmail.com Replied by chad.lundgren@gmail.com on topic Problem with SWTOR
The medium anti-aliasing setting worked on a fresh install, thanks!

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.