ReShade not starting up on Call of Duty: MW (2019)

3 months 1 week ago #1 by moguxol
hi, i've been trying to install ReShade on the new Modern Warfare and ReShade is not launching but it doesn't crash my game. i have tried versions 3.4.0, 4.3.0, and 4.5.2 of which none operate in game. the installation works fine but it wont run in-game and it doesn't crash. i tried using ENB Injector as suggested in the forum but i can't get that to work either. i would like to know if ReShade is compatible with MW and if there's a solution to my problem or if i'm installing it wrong, what steps did i miss to make ReShade work properly?
Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 months 1 week ago #2 by microdee
is CoD MW 2019 a DX12 game with RTX support? In that case try renaming dxgi.dll what Reshade installer creates to d3d12.dll. If the game crashes after that it might have the same symptoms as Metro Exodus with RTX on.

3 months 1 week ago #3 by moguxol
yes it supports rtx, i actually tried renaming it to d3d12 and it crashes. i don't have rtx on, and it still doesn't run. im not sure if reshade has to do with my graphics card being incompatible with rtx or not. im not sure what the problem is, people have been able to use reshade without a problem couple months ago.

3 months 1 week ago #4 by microdee
DX12 support is pretty new stuff in ReShade, let alone hooking correctly into newer games which might make that happen harder by design, give it some time

3 months 4 days ago #5 by moguxol
yeah, good point. thanks for the replies!