Reshade + Skyrim ENB?

• vfxninjaeditor
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #1 by vfxninjaeditor Reshade + Skyrim ENB? was created by vfxninjaeditor
Hey guys,

I just want to know if it's possible to run ENB and Reshade at the same time with Skyrim? I plan on using ENB for it's Skyrim memory fixes and Reshade for the actual visual changes. I don't really want to bother with ENB since it's performance drop is so much bigger than Reshade.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BrandonHortman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• MonarchX
More
8 years 11 months ago #2 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic Reshade + Skyrim ENB?
Nope, I asked the same question. They are not compatible really. One ENB out there, forgot the name (something with K...), does use SweetFX and I think ReShade, but its a very complex ENB and probably required programming to get it done.

• BrandonHortman
More
8 years 11 months ago #3 by BrandonHortman Replied by BrandonHortman on topic Reshade + Skyrim ENB?
I know what your talking about. Using just Enboost with Usespeedhackwithoutgrapics= 1 in the enblocal and bypassing the enbseries.ini.
I haven't tried it, it may crash though because they both compile at the same time ( atleast I think)
I use K ENB, but I was thinking of trying to run ReShade as a proxy dll in the Enblocal, just to see if it worked.

• Kleio420
More
8 years 11 months ago #4 by Kleio420 Replied by Kleio420 on topic Reshade + Skyrim ENB?

vfxninjaeditor wrote: Hey guys,

I just want to know if it's possible to run ENB and Reshade at the same time with Skyrim? I plan on using ENB for it's Skyrim memory fixes and Reshade for the actual visual changes. I don't really want to bother with ENB since it's performance drop is so much bigger than Reshade.

you could always try injecting the dll(reshade) after enb is loaded through another program ik enb has a injector like that might work ? but can i ask why you want to use both doesn't enb allow to a point custom shaders already to be written ?

• vfxninjaeditor
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #5 by vfxninjaeditor Replied by vfxninjaeditor on topic Reshade + Skyrim ENB?
Yeah, problem is I have no idea how to write or copy custom shaders into ENB. There may be many geniuses on this forum, but I am just an end user that only knows how to change settings. I have been really satisfied with Reshade shaders as of late and I don't really want to mess with ENB other than some fixes and parallax.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by vfxninjaeditor.

• BrandonHortman
More
8 years 11 months ago #6 by BrandonHortman Replied by BrandonHortman on topic Reshade + Skyrim ENB?
Dont rename the ReShade32.DLL and place it in the folder, then open the enblocal.ini and set the first line to this.

[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=true
InitProxyFunctions=true
ProxyLibrary=ReShade32.dll

Enb will load that as a proxy library, its how you load SFX with an ENB ( Like K Enb)

If it crashes you could try to set ReShade to not start with the game, then alt tab out after you load a save and set it back to 1 and see if compiling after ENB helps.
I noticed a correlation with crashes having two injectors compiling at the same time I think.

• MonarchX
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #7 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic Reshade + Skyrim ENB?
It crashes regardless of whether you make it start with the game or not. I also tried the other way around. I renamed ENB's D3D9.dll to ENB.dll, then renamed ReShade32.dll to D3D9.dll and in ENBLocal.ini, set Proxy library to be ENB.dll. The game also crashed.

You just need to right Effect.txt, because they can contain all the needed effects. I just cannot find one that does LumaSharpn AND FXAA at the same time.

This may help - Xorchan's Modular ENB Effect.txt Framework
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by MonarchX.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jas01

• BrandonHortman
More
4 years 3 months ago #8 by BrandonHortman Replied by BrandonHortman on topic Reshade + Skyrim ENB?
Omg 4 years later here I am searching for this answer and I've already tried to answer it lol
Well at least I tried :lol:

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.