[SOLVED] Skyrim SE Crash on Start or No Reshade

• ajvolk
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 2 months ago #1 by ajvolk Skyrim SE Crash on Start or No Reshade was created by ajvolk
I am going nuts! I can't get Reshade to work with (Skyrim SE + SKSE64) and I want it to work SO-O-O badly!
I have tried every trouble shooting step I could find, and I either get:
a crash on start of (Skyrim SE + SKSE64) with dxgi.dll in the game folder
[ Reshade does create dxgi.log, but it ends with [08984] | INFO | > Using feature level 0xb000. and nothing that says error or fail ]
[ unless this msg from the middle of the log is bad: [08984] | INFO | Redirecting D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain ]
or if I rename dxgi.dll to d3g11.dll which I've seen suggested, then Skyrim SE starts, but Reshade doesn't initialize, (it does not create d3g11.ini or d3g11.log, and hitting Shift+F2 in game does nothing.)

I have a laptop with a GTX 1060 Max-Q graphics card, I updated drivers, Windows, & DirectX, and isolated Skyrim SE to the GTX graphics card,
I have verified my Skyrim SE install, I don't have any EMB or afterburner running
I verified that dxgi.dll was in Windows\System32 and my Windows 10 registry (not that it probably matters because the install puts a local copy of dxgi.dll in the game folder)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ajvolk
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 2 months ago #2 by ajvolk Replied by ajvolk on topic Skyrim SE Crash on Start or No Reshade
I figured out my primary problem!
I was renaming dxgi.dll to d3 G 11.dll
I was using the 'G' from the original filename, instead of the correct rename, d3 D 11.dll --> (d3d11.dll)
Primary Problem Solved.
Reshade now runs with SKSE64+Skyrim SE and loads of mods.
Regardless of what pre-set .ini file I use I get tons of errors in Reshade... but it still runs any effects that are selected, and are not throwing errors... & nothing crashes to desktop anymore.
This is 1 error Reshade mow throws in the log file: ReShade.fxh(20, 1): preprocessor warning: unknown pragma ignored
Any idea what that is about?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.