[SOLVED] Skyrim SE Crash on Start or No Reshade

More
7 months 4 weeks ago #1 by ajvolk
I am going nuts! I can't get Reshade to work with (Skyrim SE + SKSE64) and I want it to work SO-O-O badly!
I have tried every trouble shooting step I could find, and I either get:
a crash on start of (Skyrim SE + SKSE64) with dxgi.dll in the game folder
[ Reshade does create dxgi.log, but it ends with [08984] | INFO | > Using feature level 0xb000. and nothing that says error or fail ]
[ unless this msg from the middle of the log is bad: [08984] | INFO | Redirecting D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain ]
or if I rename dxgi.dll to d3g11.dll which I've seen suggested, then Skyrim SE starts, but Reshade doesn't initialize, (it does not create d3g11.ini or d3g11.log, and hitting Shift+F2 in game does nothing.)

I have a laptop with a GTX 1060 Max-Q graphics card, I updated drivers, Windows, & DirectX, and isolated Skyrim SE to the GTX graphics card,
I have verified my Skyrim SE install, I don't have any EMB or afterburner running
I verified that dxgi.dll was in Windows\System32 and my Windows 10 registry (not that it probably matters because the install puts a local copy of dxgi.dll in the game folder)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 4 weeks ago #2 by ajvolk
Replied by ajvolk on topic Skyrim SE Crash on Start or No Reshade
I figured out my primary problem!
I was renaming dxgi.dll to d3 G 11.dll
I was using the 'G' from the original filename, instead of the correct rename, d3 D 11.dll --> (d3d11.dll)
Primary Problem Solved.
Reshade now runs with SKSE64+Skyrim SE and loads of mods.
Regardless of what pre-set .ini file I use I get tons of errors in Reshade... but it still runs any effects that are selected, and are not throwing errors... & nothing crashes to desktop anymore.
This is 1 error Reshade mow throws in the log file: ReShade.fxh(20, 1): preprocessor warning: unknown pragma ignored
Any idea what that is about?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.