[SOLVED] Just Cause 2 will not work

• Esteban
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #1 by Esteban Just Cause 2 will not work was created by Esteban
Hi guys,

I use version "ReShade 0.18.2 Public Beta with SweetFX 2.0 Beta 8". I installed ReShade via the setup tool. It detects the game as an DX9 game so I changed d3d9.dll to dxgi.dll. However when I start the game I will not see the typical loading screen of ReShade. My dxgi.log seems ok, but there is no effect. Battlefield 2 works fine with this version. Do I have to pay attention to any ingame setting like AA or other effects, in order to get it to work, or is ReShade just incompatible with Just Cause 2?

Because there seems no effect applied I will post my tracelog here:
pastebin.com/xAzGePZi
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Esteban. Reason: Wrong format

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 11 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Just Cause 2 will not work
I suggest trying d3d9.dll if the setup tool says that. It's not important if the game actually uses Direct3D9, but it is loaded.

• Esteban
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #3 by Esteban Replied by Esteban on topic Just Cause 2 will not work
Sorry, but I can not see any difference. I deleted all files of ReShade and rerun the setup, this time I left the d3d9.dll as it is and started the game. There was no message at the first start about ReShade nor was there this little code at the top left corner of the screen. Activating splitscreen in SweetFx made nothing.

Just to be sure. This is my log file:
pastebin.com/51X3F2Fm

• crosire
More
8 years 11 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Just Cause 2 will not work
For some reason in both cases it's too late in the startup process, the Direct3D device isn't hooked when the swapchain is created and ReShade thus aborts. Try d3d10.dll or d3d11.dll, that should force the device creation to go through ReShade. Alternativly inject it with something like ENBInjector right after startup to make sure it gets everything.

• Esteban
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #5 by Esteban Replied by Esteban on topic Just Cause 2 will not work
I tried your suggested namings. When I rename it to d3d10.dll the game will crash, I will attach the minidump. All other namings like dxgi d3d9 etc will let the game not crash but nothing will happen ingame then.

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46749480/jus...5_5_5T21_1_53C0.mdmp

• crosire
More
8 years 11 months ago #6 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Just Cause 2 will not work
I was able to reproduce this. Going to look into it, thanks for reporting =)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Esteban

• Esteban
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #7 by Esteban Replied by Esteban on topic Just Cause 2 will not work
Wonderful. The best problems are problems that are repeatable and reasonable. I hope you can fix this and Just Cause 2 will work with ReShade afterwards.

Thank you for your support.

• crosire
More
8 years 11 months ago #8 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Just Cause 2 will not work
Figured it out. Game loads Direct3D10 via "LoadLibraryExW("C:\Windows\system32\d3d10_1.dll", NULL, 0)" directly from the system folder. ReShade did not handle LoadLibraryEx calls until now though, only LoadLibrary. Will be fixed with the next release.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Esteban

• Esteban
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #9 by Esteban Replied by Esteban on topic Just Cause 2 will not work
Wuhuu! Thank you!

• Shady
More
8 years 3 months ago #10 by Shady Replied by Shady on topic Just Cause 2 will not work
I try to use reshade 1.1 but after loading a savegame it crash to desktop.
Has someone got it working?

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.