Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Total War Attila critical bug!

Total War Attila critical bug! 1 year 7 months ago #1

• klotim
  • Thank you received: 21
Total War Attila with latest reshade+Framework.

Everything went well, until the game first got stuck, then minimized itself and then compilation succeeded is stated, however the text is also multiplied by 2-3, as if reshade restarted itself 2-3 times, then all there is, is a black screen ingame with 2-3 reshade status texts.

It pretty much sucks, because IT HAD to happen during the last minutes of a huge battle that took me ~30 min

here's the log, and as you could see, from 19.34 everything went crazy.

All I did:
changing values to compile again = fail
ALT+Enter = fail
Turned off all effects = fail

It would be great if this could be fixed, this happened before but the black screen didn't happen so I didn't care more about that, the only issue then, was the performance drop. That Happened yesterday, Today everything as I said before gone critical.
Is it possible to completely uninject reshade? So I can see the game again, and save the game? That would be great. A key combo for example, ALT+ SHIFT + END.

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
Last Edit: 1 year 7 months ago by klotim.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Total War Attila critical bug! 1 year 7 months ago #2

• crosire
  • Thank you received: 1393
That's one of the major issues with the D3D10/11 renderer right now. If anything goes wrong you'll just get a black screen instead of the original game.
I need to find a better way to handle MSAA than replacing the backbuffer completly to fix that.
Cheers, crosire =)

Total War Attila critical bug! 1 year 7 months ago #3

• klotim
  • Thank you received: 21
crosire wrote:
That's one of the major issues with the D3D10/11 renderer right now. If anything goes wrong you'll just get a black screen instead of the original game.
I need to find a better way to handle MSAA than replacing the backbuffer completly to fix that.

Hmm, is there a reason why there wasn't any blackscreen yesterday?

Also, I didn't use msaa, I used MLAA ingame setting with SMAA and prediction and color edge detect as the only setting in reshade
Last Edit: 1 year 7 months ago by klotim.

Total War Attila critical bug! 1 year 7 months ago #4

• crosire
  • Thank you received: 1393
MSAA was the reason it does things the way it does things. Doesn't matter if it's enabled or not. I'll rewrite parts of the D3D10/11 renderers and to it differently.
Cheers, crosire =)
Last Edit: 1 year 7 months ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: klotim