Vulkan DLL not installing?

• MonarchX
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 2 months ago #1 by MonarchX Vulkan DLL not installing? was created by MonarchX
When I select Vulkan for Rage 2, for example, ReShade Installer doesn't place any DLL inside the folder. How should the file be named for Vulkan games? Vulkan.dll? I use ReShade 4.5.4.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Vulkan DLL not installing?
The Vulkan implementation doesn't use traditional hooking, but the official Vulkan layering system. That means ReShade has to register a global Vulkan layer. So you can't name it anything to work. You have to use the setup tool (which will install to "C:\Program Data\ReShade" and register the Vulkan layer for you).
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by crosire.

• MonarchX
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 1 month ago #3 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic Vulkan DLL not installing?
How would I know whether it worked? I used the install feature as you say, but the "ReShade 4.5.4" message in upper left-hand corner didn't show up...

• crosire
More
4 years 1 month ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Vulkan DLL not installing?
Please read what the setup tool tells you at the end. You either have to let thr setup tool running or click the checkbox to enable support in Vulkan globally (which will do the registration).

• MonarchX
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 1 month ago #5 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic Vulkan DLL not installing?
Got it working! Thanks!

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.