[SOLVED] Earth Defense Force 5 Crash with MSAA enabled

• Niko of Death
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 1 month ago #1 by Niko of Death Earth Defense Force 5 Crash with MSAA enabled was created by Niko of Death
On the latest version of ReShade (both latest release - 4.5.4, and a dll compiled from the latest master), ReShade is causing Earth Defense Force 5 to crash when MSAA is enabled, whereas it worked fine in 4.3.
Here's a log from it working with 4.3: pastebin.com/DvxNr5rV
and from it crashing with 4.5.4: pastebin.com/SmSVBQt5
The relevant message is
WARN  | ID3D11Device::CreateDepthStencilView failed with error code E_INVALIDARG.
Presumably this has something to do with how depth buffers are handled with MSAA?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
4 years 1 month ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Earth Defense Force 5 Crash with MSAA enabled

• Niko of Death
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 1 month ago #3 by Niko of Death Replied by Niko of Death on topic Earth Defense Force 5 Crash with MSAA enabled
Still broken unfortunately
pastebin.com/caYzieJg

• crosire
More
4 years 1 month ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Earth Defense Force 5 Crash with MSAA enabled
I forgot to actually include the change in the commit ... This should fix it now for real: github.com/crosire/reshade/commit/20161e...84a1e7c8e17de1010085 .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Niko of Death

• MojoRising
More
4 years 1 month ago #5 by MojoRising Replied by MojoRising on topic Earth Defense Force 5 Crash with MSAA enabled
Hey niko, if the new fixes work, you think you could share the recompiled dll?

I was looking in how to do it myself but one needs visual studio and python, presumably a bit of know how to do it without errors the first time.

• Niko of Death
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 1 month ago #6 by Niko of Death Replied by Niko of Death on topic Earth Defense Force 5 Crash with MSAA enabled

crosire wrote: I forgot to actually include the change in the commit ... This should fix it now for real: github.com/crosire/reshade/commit/20161e...84a1e7c8e17de1010085 .

Can confirm it's fixed now, thanks.

MojoRising wrote: Hey niko, if the new fixes work, you think you could share the recompiled dll?

I was looking in how to do it myself but one needs visual studio and python, presumably a bit of know how to do it without errors the first time.

files.catbox.moe/n4cijv.zip

• MojoRising
More
4 years 1 month ago #7 by MojoRising Replied by MojoRising on topic Earth Defense Force 5 Crash with MSAA enabled
Very much appreciated Niko, thank you both very much.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.