[SOLVED] Keydown event times out when another key is pressed

• brussell
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #1 by brussell [Bug] Keydown event times out when another key is pressed was created by brussell
I thought it would be better to make a dedicated thread about the problem I posted here: reshade.me/forum/general-discussion/6265...holding-button#37908

So, let's use this example ReShade.fx:
uniform bool Keyboard_F <source = "key"; keycode = 0x46; >;

void VS(in uint id : SV_VertexID, out float4 position : SV_Position, out float2 texcoord : TEXCOORD)
{
    texcoord.x = (id == 2) ? 2.0 : 0.0;
    texcoord.y = (id == 1) ? 2.0 : 0.0;
    position = float4(texcoord * float2(2.0, -2.0) + float2(-1.0, 1.0), 0.0, 1.0);
}

float4 PS(float4 pos : SV_Position, float2 texcoord : TEXCOORD) : SV_Target
{
    float4 color = 0.5;

if (Keyboard_F) { color = 0.0; }

return color;
}

technique test < enabled = 1; >
{
    pass 
    {
        VertexShader = VS;
        PixelShader = PS;
    }
}

The screen is grey. Holding the F key turns it black. This is the correct behavior.
But as soon as some other key is pressed while holding F, the keydown event for F times out after a few seconds and the image goes back to grey. This should not be the case.

The issue was introduced with this commit: github.com/crosire/reshade/commit/4dbb89...716f67ab4abe50fe9dac

ps: I just saw this new commit: github.com/crosire/reshade/commit/e68672...42e5853f6ff0876f5dd6
Does it has something to do with this issue?
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by brussell.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
4 years 1 month ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic [Bug] Keydown event times out when another key is pressed
The following user(s) said Thank You: brussell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.