[SOLVED] No AA with nGlide

• Famicom
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #1 by Famicom No AA with nGlide was created by Famicom
It doesn't matter what anti-aliasing configuration I choose on nvidia control panel. Forced AA from control panel only works if Reshade/SweetFX are switched off. If they're on, the only AA I can use is SMAA within SweetFX. nGlide 1.04 is a Glide to DX9 wrapper. Everything I change on nvidia control panel takes effect on the game (Dosbox + Tomb Raider 1996 in this case), except when ReShade is installed. How can I fix this?

Also, Reshade doesn't seem to work on ATI/AMD cards with the combo nGlide + Dosbox + Tomb Raider (don't know about other DOS games). Any light on this?

Thanks.

My specs:
Win 8 64bit
ReShade 0.18.2 Public Beta with Framework

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kleio420
More
8 years 11 months ago #2 by Kleio420 Replied by Kleio420 on topic No AA with nGlide

Famicom wrote: It doesn't matter what anti-aliasing configuration I choose on nvidia control panel. Forced AA from control panel only works if Reshade/SweetFX are switched off. If they're on, the only AA I can use is SMAA within SweetFX. nGlide 1.04 is a Glide to DX9 wrapper. Everything I change on nvidia control panel takes effect on the game (Dosbox + Tomb Raider 1996 in this case), except when ReShade is installed. How can I fix this?

Also, Reshade doesn't seem to work on ATI/AMD cards with the combo nGlide + Dosbox + Tomb Raider (don't know about other DOS games). Any light on this?

Thanks.

My specs:
Win 8 64bit
ReShade 0.18.2 Public Beta with Framework

reshade doesnt work with driver AA , and game supported aa it usually wont work with.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Famicom

• Famicom
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #3 by Famicom Replied by Famicom on topic No AA with nGlide
Thanks for your answer. What about texture filtering?

• crosire
More
8 years 11 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic No AA with nGlide
Not quite right. While ReShade usually does not support driver AA, it does fully support any AA the game provides itself. Forcing texture filtering is no problem too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Famicom

• Famicom
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #5 by Famicom Replied by Famicom on topic No AA with nGlide
Good to know. I'll have to stick to SMAA then, since the game (Tomb Raider, 1996) doesn't offer any proper/real anti-aliasing.
I hope ReShade will work with driver AA in the near future.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.