Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SOLVED] No AA with nGlide

No AA with nGlide 3 years 2 months ago #1

It doesn't matter what anti-aliasing configuration I choose on nvidia control panel. Forced AA from control panel only works if Reshade/SweetFX are switched off. If they're on, the only AA I can use is SMAA within SweetFX. nGlide 1.04 is a Glide to DX9 wrapper. Everything I change on nvidia control panel takes effect on the game (Dosbox + Tomb Raider 1996 in this case), except when ReShade is installed. How can I fix this?

Also, Reshade doesn't seem to work on ATI/AMD cards with the combo nGlide + Dosbox + Tomb Raider (don't know about other DOS games). Any light on this?

Thanks.

My specs:
Win 8 64bit
ReShade 0.18.2 Public Beta with Framework
The administrator has disabled public write access.

No AA with nGlide 3 years 2 months ago #2

Famicom wrote:
It doesn't matter what anti-aliasing configuration I choose on nvidia control panel. Forced AA from control panel only works if Reshade/SweetFX are switched off. If they're on, the only AA I can use is SMAA within SweetFX. nGlide 1.04 is a Glide to DX9 wrapper. Everything I change on nvidia control panel takes effect on the game (Dosbox + Tomb Raider 1996 in this case), except when ReShade is installed. How can I fix this?

Also, Reshade doesn't seem to work on ATI/AMD cards with the combo nGlide + Dosbox + Tomb Raider (don't know about other DOS games). Any light on this?

Thanks.

My specs:
Win 8 64bit
ReShade 0.18.2 Public Beta with Framework
reshade doesnt work with driver AA , and game supported aa it usually wont work with.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Famicom

No AA with nGlide 3 years 2 months ago #3

Thanks for your answer. What about texture filtering?

No AA with nGlide 3 years 2 months ago #4

Not quite right. While ReShade usually does not support driver AA, it does fully support any AA the game provides itself. Forcing texture filtering is no problem too.
Cheers, crosire =)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Famicom

No AA with nGlide 3 years 2 months ago #5

Good to know. I'll have to stick to SMAA then, since the game (Tomb Raider, 1996) doesn't offer any proper/real anti-aliasing.
I hope ReShade will work with driver AA in the near future.