What I've tried:
- Installing the DirectX 9 and 10 versions
- Using an older version ( 3.0.8 ) that definitely used to work with Windows 7 and FS2004. Does not work in 10.
- Running FS2004 in different compatibility modes (Win 8, Win 7, and Win XP)
- Running Reshade installer as admin
I would love to have Reshade back in my favorite classic simulator. Any help is appreciated!
So am I right in assuming that
· You haven't been able to make it work even once in Windows 10?
· You don't see a ReShade overlay? (as opposed to seeing no effects loaded)
· The DLL (d3d9.dll) is in the wrong folder (sometimes the launching exe is not the same as the game's actual exe)
· The game does not load d3d9.dll. You can try renaming it do dinput.dll, dinput8.dll, ddraw.dll, dsound.dll. Sometimes that helps.
· You either play in multiplayer mode (not sure whether that game features such a thing), or ReShade notices that the simulator is accessing the internet. That causes ReShade to unload itself for anti-cheat reasons.
· You can also try to force loading a DLL with ENB Injector