Flight Simulator 2004 Does Not Start with Reshade

• chris341
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 2 weeks ago - 4 years 2 weeks ago #1 by chris341 Flight Simulator 2004 Does Not Start with Reshade was created by chris341
Hello,

I am attempting to use ReShade with FS2004/FS9, which is a DirectX 9 Game. I used to be able to make it work with Windows 7, but that does not work anymore.

Here's what I've got and what I've tried:

System:
Windows 10 w/ latest updates
i7-4790k @ 4GHz
GTX 970
16GB RAM

What I've tried:
- Installing the DirectX 9 and 10 versions
- Using an older version ( 3.0.8 ) that definitely used to work with Windows 7 and FS2004. Does not work in 10.
- Running FS2004 in different compatibility modes (Win 8, Win 7, and Win XP)
- Running Reshade installer as admin

I would love to have Reshade back in my favorite classic simulator. Any help is appreciated!
Last edit: 4 years 2 weeks ago by chris341.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• brazzjazz
More
4 years 1 week ago #2 by brazzjazz Replied by brazzjazz on topic Flight Simulator 2004 Does Not Start with Reshade
So am I right in assuming that
· You haven't been able to make it work even once in Windows 10?
· You don't see a ReShade overlay? (as opposed to seeing no effects loaded)

Possible reasons:

· The DLL (d3d9.dll) is in the wrong folder (sometimes the launching exe is not the same as the game's actual exe)
· The game does not load d3d9.dll. You can try renaming it do dinput.dll, dinput8.dll, ddraw.dll, dsound.dll. Sometimes that helps.
· You either play in multiplayer mode (not sure whether that game features such a thing), or ReShade notices that the simulator is accessing the internet. That causes ReShade to unload itself for anti-cheat reasons.
· You can also try to force loading a DLL with ENB Injector www.enbdev.com/download_injector_generic.htm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.