Resident Evil 3 crashes on startup when set to Borderless Window.

• Solidblade14
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 2 weeks ago - 4 years 2 weeks ago #1 by Solidblade14 Resident Evil 3 crashes on startup when set to Borderless Window. was created by Solidblade14
I'm using the latest commit of ReShade that includes the fix for RE3. I don't have anything else installed other than ReShade.

Before the fix, the game would crash on startup half of the time, regardless if it was set to Borderless Window or Fullscreen.

After the fix, the game has stopped crashing on startup when set to Fullscreen. I loaded the game 10 times and it loaded normally every time.

However, it still crashes on occasion when set to Borderless Window. It will crash about once out of four times.
Last edit: 4 years 2 weeks ago by Solidblade14.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
4 years 2 weeks ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Resident Evil 3 crashes on startup when set to Borderless Window.

• crosire
More
4 years 2 weeks ago #3 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Resident Evil 3 crashes on startup when set to Borderless Window.
Actually fixed in github.com/crosire/reshade/commit/9c0732...03a25f98270fedfdd5a0 . The use of DX in that game engine is ridiculously badly written. This is the second bug in the game that I had to introduce a workaround in ReShade for now (because not technically a ReShade bug, the game just uses the DX API in a way that is explicitly forbidden by DX).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Solidblade14

• Solidblade14
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 2 weeks ago #4 by Solidblade14 Replied by Solidblade14 on topic Resident Evil 3 crashes on startup when set to Borderless Window.
I opened and closed the game a bunch of times and it never crashed, so I would say that your workaround is working! Thank you so much!

• themaxmeister
More
4 years 2 weeks ago #5 by themaxmeister Replied by themaxmeister on topic Resident Evil 3 crashes on startup when set to Borderless Window.
Could you post that build somewhere so that not everyone has to compile reshade themselves just to play RE3? That would be highly appreciated!

• BogJel
More
4 years 1 week ago #6 by BogJel Replied by BogJel on topic Resident Evil 3 crashes on startup when set to Borderless Window.
Could you please explain how to use this fix?

• crosire
More
4 years 1 week ago #7 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Resident Evil 3 crashes on startup when set to Borderless Window.
Install ReShade 4.6.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.