Unusual Depth Buffer issue

• t0_ot
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 1 week ago - 4 years 1 week ago #1 by t0_ot Unusual Depth Buffer issue was created by t0_ot
Hello, I've been trying to get a depth buffer to work with tf2 but it is having weird issues.
I noticed that there are three categories of depth buffer issue.

No depth buffer

Has a depth buffer but doesn't align and doesn't detect the entire map

Has depth buffer it's aligned but doesn't detect the entire map

If anyone can help me I'd be very thankful.
Sorry for the bad English
Last edit: 4 years 1 week ago by t0_ot. Reason: poorly encoded

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
4 years 1 week ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Unusual Depth Buffer issue
Those are shadow maps, not the scene depth buffer. Play around with the other options on the DX9 tab.
The following user(s) said Thank You: t0_ot

• t0_ot
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 1 week ago #3 by t0_ot Replied by t0_ot on topic Unusual Depth Buffer issue
Hello, I have a follow-up question of what other options in the dx9 tab because it only shows one menu.

• t0_ot
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 1 week ago - 4 years 1 week ago #4 by t0_ot Replied by t0_ot on topic Unusual Depth Buffer issue
If anyone can help me here too I'd be grateful
Last edit: 4 years 1 week ago by t0_ot.

• crosire
More
4 years 6 days ago #5 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Unusual Depth Buffer issue
You need to disable MSAA in the game settings for depth buffer detection to work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: t0_ot

• t0_ot
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 6 days ago - 4 years 6 days ago #6 by t0_ot Replied by t0_ot on topic Unusual Depth Buffer issue
So I went into the game settings to check if MSAA was off, which it is, and tested again and still had the same results, so what should I do?

Edit: the MSAA section on the dx9 tab has been always there for some reason.
Last edit: 4 years 6 days ago by t0_ot.

• t0_ot
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 6 days ago - 3 years 8 months ago #7 by t0_ot Replied by t0_ot on topic Unusual Depth Buffer issue
lol
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by t0_ot.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.