Save Window State (ReShadeGUI.ini) = does not work!?

3 months 3 weeks ago - 3 months 3 weeks ago #1 by Snacko
I don't think that I'm doing anything wrong. I just checked that checkbox in the Settings and it doesn't remember the Window size & position. It doesn't even create the ReShadeGUI.ini file at all. But it does change the SaveWindowState=0 to SaveWindowState=1 in the Reshade.ini file.

I am running the current version 4.6.0 Vulcan with X-Plane 11.50b and Reshade is working fine except for saving the Window State. It saves all of the ReShade.ini settings just fine, so it's not a Security/Permissions problem with Windows 10 x64.

Is this just broken? or is there some trick that I'm missing?

Thanks! ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 months 3 weeks ago - 3 months 3 weeks ago #2 by crosire
Just checked and it's working fine here. ReShadeGUI.ini will be saved in the ReShade DLL directory, which in case of Vulkan will be "C:\Program Data\ReShade", not the application directory.
I'll add a change that ensures it's saved in the same directory as ReShade.ini for the next version though.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Snacko

3 months 3 weeks ago - 3 months 3 weeks ago #3 by Snacko
Thanks, I do see it there. ReShadeGUI.ini has a time stamp of 2:59, which is about when I installed it today. But when I change the window size and exit it does not update that file. The time stamp does not change. And the window size and position are not saved when I restart the game.

EDIT:
I looked at the x,y width,height in the file and it is reading those numbers and putting the window in that position. So, I am manually editing the file to put it where I want. So it reads the file but doesn't write to it. And I noticed that the shape that it saved was the one time that I docked it at the bottom of the window and then dragged it. After that it didn't save it again.