Save Window State (ReShadeGUI.ini) = does not work!?

More
2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #1 by Snacko Save Window State (ReShadeGUI.ini) = does not work!? was created by Snacko
I don't think that I'm doing anything wrong. I just checked that checkbox in the Settings and it doesn't remember the Window size & position. It doesn't even create the ReShadeGUI.ini file at all. But it does change the SaveWindowState=0 to SaveWindowState=1 in the Reshade.ini file.

I am running the current version 4.6.0 Vulcan with X-Plane 11.50b and Reshade is working fine except for saving the Window State. It saves all of the ReShade.ini settings just fine, so it's not a Security/Permissions problem with Windows 10 x64.

Is this just broken? or is there some trick that I'm missing?

Thanks! ;)
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by Snacko.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Save Window State (ReShadeGUI.ini) = does not work!?
Just checked and it's working fine here. ReShadeGUI.ini will be saved in the ReShade DLL directory, which in case of Vulkan will be "C:\Program Data\ReShade", not the application directory.
I'll add a change that ensures it's saved in the same directory as ReShade.ini for the next version though.
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Snacko

More
2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #3 by Snacko Replied by Snacko on topic Save Window State (ReShadeGUI.ini) = does not work!?
Thanks, I do see it there. ReShadeGUI.ini has a time stamp of 2:59, which is about when I installed it today. But when I change the window size and exit it does not update that file. The time stamp does not change. And the window size and position are not saved when I restart the game.

EDIT:
I looked at the x,y width,height in the file and it is reading those numbers and putting the window in that position. So, I am manually editing the file to put it where I want. So it reads the file but doesn't write to it. And I noticed that the shape that it saved was the one time that I docked it at the bottom of the window and then dragged it. After that it didn't save it again.
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by Snacko.

We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.