IL-2 1946 : Water problem with Gaussian Blur

• Ethridge
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #1 by Ethridge IL-2 1946 : Water problem with Gaussian Blur was created by Ethridge
I've found that having Gaussian Blur enabled in the Custom_FX.cfg messes up the water in IL-2 1946. Can someone fix this? this is my favorite game and I want to spruce up its graphics but this problem is very immersion breaking

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ethridge
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #2 by Ethridge Replied by Ethridge on topic IL-2 1946 : Water problem with Gaussian Blur
Can someone help? 14 views and no replies lol I really wish this issue can be fixed

• crosire
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #3 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic IL-2 1946 : Water problem with Gaussian Blur
Does it happen with just the Gaussian Blur shader disabled too (everything else not modified, like SMAA still running)?
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by crosire.

• Ethridge
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #4 by Ethridge Replied by Ethridge on topic IL-2 1946 : Water problem with Gaussian Blur
I've found that it makes the water render in square tiles with everything disabled, something to do with vertex stuff. And when you turn on just Gaussian blur, it starts going out in lines and going completely nuts. Also, I forgot to mention it, this tool is fantastic, ive wanted something like sweetfx in my old games that needed it most for a while now and you made it :) EDIT: IL-2 renders water using vertex shaders btw
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Ethridge.

• crosire
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #5 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic IL-2 1946 : Water problem with Gaussian Blur
More of a shader related issue rather ReShade itself then, right? If things work fine with ReShade being active (but Gaussian Blur disabled). I'll move it to the more appropiate section.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by crosire.

• Ethridge
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #6 by Ethridge Replied by Ethridge on topic IL-2 1946 : Water problem with Gaussian Blur
Yeah true, but it does start rendering water in squares even with all effects disabled

• Ioxa
More
8 years 11 months ago #7 by Ioxa Replied by Ioxa on topic IL-2 1946 : Water problem with Gaussian Blur
It looks like there is something wrong with the water and the blur is just making it more noticeable.
In this picture you can see the lines in the water under the plane.

If those lines were being cause by the shader I would think they would be noticeable on the plane too. Could you post a similar picture with all the effects disabled?

• Ethridge
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #8 by Ethridge Replied by Ethridge on topic IL-2 1946 : Water problem with Gaussian Blur
I need to reinstall reshade into il2 first, but yeah. With all effects disabled it renders just the water, in square tiles. And when you turn on blur it goes crazy (like in those shots I posted)

• crosire
More
8 years 11 months ago #9 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic IL-2 1946 : Water problem with Gaussian Blur

Ethridge wrote: With all effects disabled it renders just the water, in square tiles.

You still haven't said if that's normal or not. Could you post some comparison of the water without ReShade, with ReShade but without Gaussian Blur and with ReShade and Gaussian Blur enabled?

• Ethridge
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #10 by Ethridge Replied by Ethridge on topic IL-2 1946 : Water problem with Gaussian Blur
Ok sorry, haven't had time to reinstall reshade and take any screenshots. In the normal game, It does not render the water in squares, With reshade installed (all effects disabled) It renders water in square tiles, and with ONLY Gaussian blur enabled it goes crazy.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.