[SOLVED] SweetFX Help!

• Wolfmeister1010
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #1 by Wolfmeister1010 SweetFX Help! was created by Wolfmeister1010
So there are two issues I have right now!

The first one is that I downloaded some sweetfx mod for GTA5, but didn't get reshade installed on the computer..so I guess I did it manually? Is that okay? It works..so I guess but I don't want to harm the computer.

Lastly, THIS IS THE BIGGEST ISSUE...whenever I launch GTA5..a popup saying "welcome to reshade beta by crossfire...lets do some magic already" pops up and prompts me to say "yes" every time I launch the game. This is annoying by itself as it occurs every time I launch the game..but it happened THREE TIMES before I can get into the game.

How can I fix this?

Thanks!
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Wolfmeister1010.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 11 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic SweetFX Help!
You are using an old ReShade version, please update =).

• Wolfmeister1010
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #3 by Wolfmeister1010 Replied by Wolfmeister1010 on topic SweetFX Help!

crosire wrote: You are using an old ReShade version, please update =).

I figured out what the issue is.

In my directory I have the sweetfx.fx file, the EULA file, the sweetfx folder (which contains folders docs, shaders, textures, and files global settings and sweetfx settings txt, which I replaced with a preset I downloaded)

and...

When I have in the GTA5 directory the file dxgi.dil, it says that there is no effect found.

When I have in the directory the file d3d11.dil, it works, but the popup welcoming to the beta pops up 3 times.

When I have both in the directory, it crashes.

I am so confused

Plus I don't know if I should have downloaded the reshade +sweetfx2.0, or simply the reshade+framework. It seemed that since sweetfx wasn't in the latter, I wouldn't be able to use sweetfx mods.

• crosire
More
8 years 11 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic SweetFX Help!
Again, if you get a popup, you are using an old version. Please remove everything and download a clean copy from this website (btw. the framework shader pack contains SweetFX, the standalone SweetFX option is for those who don't want all the additional effects it offers). Never have two copies of the ReShade DLL in the game folder, it will crash. Also, if you are on Windows 7, make sure you have the Windows 7 platform update installed.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.