Rainbow Six Vegas 2 - Error when applying a shader

• Deathpoint
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 8 months ago #1 by Deathpoint Rainbow Six Vegas 2 - Error when applying a shader was created by Deathpoint
Hi there,

I'm using Reshade 4.7.0.845. I have installed dotNet, Redis and DirectX 12 with Windows 10.
Rainbow Six uses DirectX9 - I installed reshade via installer on that game.

Everytime I want to enable a single (or preset) Effect I got an instant error by marking the effect.

General protection fault
History:

and the "ok" button - then game is "crashed".

I have no MSI Afterburner or something like that installed, only the normal "Radeon Software".

Unfortunately I don't know where to find logs for that :(

I also tried to install the older reshade from "nexusmods" directly - then even the game doesn't start with same error, I guess because he is trying to applicate the shader.

Any ideas? :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Deathpoint
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #2 by Deathpoint Replied by Deathpoint on topic Rainbow Six Vegas 2 - Error when applying a shader
Hi, Update from my side:
Inside the Radeon Software I just tried to "not overwrite" game-specific preferences.
Additionally I removed "Steam overlay" for RB6 Vegas 2.
Done that I tried it and...no crash.. I play around and keep you updated (if someone is interested)
I also keep you informed whether it's the Radeon Software or the Steam Overlay. Currently I hope for Steam :D
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Deathpoint.

• Deathpoint
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 8 months ago #3 by Deathpoint Replied by Deathpoint on topic Rainbow Six Vegas 2 - Error when applying a shader
Solution found:
The driver had his "overwrite game settings" activated. There were, afair, two options where the Driver overwrites the gamespecific stuff.
If I tell the driver (Radeon Software) to take whatever the software is giving then ReShade works.

Steam Overlay is active again.
So, dunno whether I'm the only idiot with that problem - but as troubleshooting this could help :)

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.