ReShade Working, But No Pop-up & No Overlay (SWTOR)

• Spaceguitar
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 8 months ago #1 by Spaceguitar ReShade Working, But No Pop-up & No Overlay (SWTOR) was created by Spaceguitar
Peculiar issue I hope to talk through or at least resolve:

Reshade applied to Star Wars: The Old Republic using the latest version. The Reshade technically works; when in game, many textures and shades are completely different. It does look better, with the game taking an appreciable time longer to load!

HOWEVER...

Normally when a game with Reshade loads, there's that little pop-up message to kind of, y'know, let you know a) it's installed and b) it's working. That doesn't happen here, and neither does it let me open up the overlay to make edits, etc.. I can't do anything without breaking everything. Renaming dxgi.dll causes the game to flat out not open, and installing an older version results in the same thing.

If it means anything I'm using an AMD GPU. I read something somewhere about AMD having issues with the Reshade?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• brazzjazz
More
3 years 8 months ago #2 by brazzjazz Replied by brazzjazz on topic ReShade Working, But No Pop-up & No Overlay (SWTOR)
When ReShade loads, you will at least get an indication by the small message on top of the screen when the shaders are loaded.
Do you see the overlay?
If so, you should get the overlay by pressing the Home (Pos1) button.

If that is not the case, I have no explanation for your game looking different, especially "better" as that pretty much presupposes that ReShade does indeed work, and with a preset at that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.