[SOLVED] Resident Evil 3 received an update and is crashing on startup again.

• Solidblade14
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #1 by Solidblade14 Resident Evil 3 received an update and is crashing on startup again. was created by Solidblade14
Back when RE3 was released, it kept crashing on startup when ReShade was installed. A fix was implemented in ReShade which solved the problem. Unfortunately, RE3 received a new update yesterday and it started crashing on startup again. It doesn't crash every time, but I'd say it crashes 8 times out of 10.
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Solidblade14.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• brazzjazz
More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #2 by brazzjazz Replied by brazzjazz on topic Resident Evil 3 received an update and is crashing on startup again.
Hard to say the reason, but you could try to work your way back by removing any shaders you don't use. In order to do that, go to the reshade-shaders folder. Note that the shader files (.fx) don't always have the same name as the effects associated with them in the ReShade menu.

Also, you can open ReShade.ini in the game folder and change NoReloadOnInit=0 to 1. That will prevent ReShade from loading any shaders, which COULD be the reason. In order to load the shaders, you open the ReShade overlay and click the "Reload" button. That way you can break these two steps (loading of the ReShade DLL and loading of the shaders) apart which could give you a hint as to what causes the crash.

Also, you can always try going back to an earlier version of ReShade: reshade.me/forum/general-discussion/294-reshade-repository
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by brazzjazz.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Solidblade14

• Solidblade14
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 8 months ago #3 by Solidblade14 Replied by Solidblade14 on topic Resident Evil 3 received an update and is crashing on startup again.
I just tried the game again and for some reason I can't get it to crash anymore. Still, that NoReloadOninit trick is nice to know. Thanks!

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.