Broken shadows in the Sims 4

• emsycu
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #1 by emsycu Broken shadows in the Sims 4 was created by emsycu
Hi everyone!! This is my first post--I mostly joined this forum because I can't find a solution to this problem or anyone who seems to be having the same issue. I'm using the latest iteration and this only very recently started causing problems (the last 3-4 days). It coincided with me downloading a number of presets (now they have been removed from my game and I only use presets I made myself, but the problem remains with them). I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the NVIDIA update since my memory for dates is awful, but I think it happened a while after that.

Basically, the shadows in Sims 4 only work as they should from certain angles. It's difficult to explain, so I've attached a video and some screenshots.

drive.google.com/file/d/1QwuL8jpaM0MG50Z...pJF/view?usp=sharing

This problem occurs even with reshade turned off, but not when I remove all of the files from my bin.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W98JmbqTSOhdtsweoOvf2eAS7b-LUCxn/view?usp=sharing

The shaders I'm using in the second image are:
MXAO (qUINT_mxao.fx)
AdaptiveFog (AdaptiveFog.fx)
DepthHaze (DepthHaze.fx)
ADOF (qUINT_adof.fx)
CinematicDOF (CinematicDOF.fx)
MultiLUT (MultiLUT.fx)

My graphics are set to ultra with edge smoothing completely disabled. I'd appreciate any help or a direction to a thread that could address my issue; I'm just not sure if it's sims specific or a general reshade thing.
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by emsycu. Reason: Video embed wasn't working so it's been replaced with a link

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
3 years 5 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Broken shadows in the Sims 4
This should be fixed in ReShade 4.8.2 now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.