ARK Survival Evolved shader question / DisplayDepth remove normal color mask

• Torino1564
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #1 by Torino1564 ARK Survival Evolved shader question / DisplayDepth remove normal color mask was created by Torino1564
Hi guys, first of all this is my first time posting here so forgive me if this is not the right place to do so. With that being said, I will move into my first question:
This is about ark survival evolved. Alright, so I found this guy whose game looks very nice because as you will then see in the picture attached, the water looks almost transparent. In ARK PvP everyone wants to get the biggest advantage and tbh a very high percentage of the community has hacks, so if anyone is wonder whether I want this to my advantage, yes. Thats the point. He is using reshade, but Im pretty sure he doesnt want to tell people how to atchieve this effect. My question is, is there a way of making this using reshade? In the imgur link below you can see how my game looks using the same graphic config, and the water looks opaque and not transparent at all.

Images

With that out of the way, my second question. Ive found (I KNOW, its not what it is used for but it works) that if I use the Display Depth shader with the normal view and tick the show offset, the water looks very clear and the effect is rather similar to this. However, he displaydepth normal also introduces like a color mask that makes everything look very colorfull and disturbing. Unfortunately, I dont have a capture for this, but I assume you get my point. My second question is then the following: is there any way that I can use this shader without it changing the colors of everything? I dont really care if changing something will mess up with other Post Processing shaders because I dont intend to use any, so yeah.

Edit: I will add another question because I had forgotten about it. This guy ( link ) has made a shader that achieves the same effect. Unfortunatelly, he is a tease and does not want to make it public. Does anyone know what it could be and if it can be copied in any way?

Anyways, thanks for reading this and I would greatly appreciate a reply. Have a good day
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by Torino1564.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.