[SOLVED] Cyberpunk 2077 crashes with ReShade 4.9

• dark1970
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #1 by dark1970 Cyberpunk 2077 crashes with ReShade 4.9 was created by dark1970
With Reshade 4.9.0 and the SuperDepth3D shader, Cyberpunk 2077 also crashes! The depth buffer is only picked up by minimizing / expanding the game! 10x6420H2,8700k, 1070, 16gb,drv 460.89!
Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by dark1970.
The following user(s) said Thank You: chtiblue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mboyx64
More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #2 by mboyx64 Replied by mboyx64 on topic Cyberpunk 2077 crashes with ReShade 4.9
Cyberpunk, for some reason the depth buffer doesn't init on some shaders without editing preprocessor settings and then changing them back. I just switch RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_REVERSED=1 to 0 and back, things start working again idk why. =/

There are still some instances with crashing but this is much better.
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by mboyx64.

• costiq
More
3 years 3 months ago #3 by costiq Replied by costiq on topic Cyberpunk 2077 crashes with ReShade 4.9
Grate news!

Cyberpunk 2077 works now with the latest ReShade version (4.9)!
Thank you @crosire!!!

But, for me, there are some caveats:

When installing ReShade, I had to uncheck SweetFX and use only Standard Effects and Depth3D & AstrayFX.
It looks like one of the shaders in SweetFX (I'm not sure which one) makes the game crash seconds into.

There are no more problems with the map either... but it has to be accessed through its shortcut!
Accessing the map from the menu will make the game crash!

Thank you again crosire and BlueSkyKnight!
Cyberpunk 2077 in stereoscopic 3D is something else!

• costiq
More
3 years 3 months ago #4 by costiq Replied by costiq on topic Cyberpunk 2077 crashes with ReShade 4.9
[embaresed cough]
I'm afraid my enthusiasm was premature... :(

After restarting the game... crash...
It worked fine until getting close to a door (new game map to load...?)
Restarted the computer, hoping for a miracle, but ...no, the game would crash even before starting.

Went back to 4.7.0 and all is fine (minus the city map which is again a pixel mess)

• crosire
More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #5 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Cyberpunk 2077 crashes with ReShade 4.9
I don't have problems with Cyberpunk 2077 and ReShade 4.9 (runs fine on both Windows 7 and Windows 10 for me), so can't really do anything about that. Might just be driver problems.
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by crosire.

• costiq
More
3 years 3 months ago #6 by costiq Replied by costiq on topic Cyberpunk 2077 crashes with ReShade 4.9
Thanks for the reply crosire!
Fair enough. I've updated AC Valhalla to 4.9 and all is fine.
All my other games are using 4.8.2 and are fine too (again except Cyberpunk which crashes with it).
Ergo, it must be Cyberpunk the culprit. This wouldn't be its only bug... ;)
Hope future updates will sort most of them.

Thanks again for your fantastic work.
Respect.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire

• dnce
More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #7 by dnce Replied by dnce on topic Cyberpunk 2077 crashes with ReShade 4.9
Cyberpunk 2077 = constant crashing, far more than with 4.8.2. Tested with shaders RTGI & MXAO.
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by dnce.

• crosire
More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #8 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Cyberpunk 2077 crashes with ReShade 4.9
Which GPU vendor, driver version and Windows version are those with Cyperpunk crashes on?

• Torzi
More
3 years 3 months ago #9 by Torzi Replied by Torzi on topic Cyberpunk 2077 crashes with ReShade 4.9
Just ran a few quick tests here with Cyberpunk. It looks like the problem is with SuperDepth3D (for me anyway, only shader I'm using). If I just enable DisplayDepth and run around, there aren't any crashes, and the depth map looks good.

Superdepth doesn't pick up the depth map on start.. need to hit reload. Once it's loaded, just opening the in-game map causes a crash. Ran around a bit without entering the map, and that works for a while, but crashed after a cutscene. I'll test more in a bit, but probably post more on this in the SuperDepth3D thread?

I call this progress! Great work with the depth maps! Didn't expect a fix so soon.

Win10 20H2
Nvidia GTX 1080, Driiver 460.79
i7-4770k, 16GB, SSD

• costiq
More
3 years 3 months ago #10 by costiq Replied by costiq on topic Cyberpunk 2077 crashes with ReShade 4.9

Which GPU vendor, driver version and Windows version are those with Cyperpunk crashes on?

My system:
Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
System Manufacturer GIGABYTE
System Model AORUS 15G XB
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10875H CPU @ 2.30GHz, 2304 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
RTX 2070 SUPER Max-Q Laptop
GeForce Game Ready 460.79 WHQL driver

• dark1970
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #11 by dark1970 Replied by dark1970 on topic Cyberpunk 2077 crashes with ReShade 4.9
Sorry for repeating! I wrote in the first post! I have the same Cyberpunk problem as Torzi! I only use SuperDepth3D! Tried on windows 20H1,20H2,21H1 as well as drivers 460.89,460.79,457.51! The depth map is not displayed at startup - you need to press restart or minimize-expand the game! When loading a map - it also crashes! At the moment Win10 20H2! All components are not overclocked, MSIAfterburner is off! Nvidia GTX 1070 (driver 460.89), i7-8700k, 16GB, SSD!
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by dark1970.

• Tojkar
More
3 years 3 months ago #12 by Tojkar Replied by Tojkar on topic Cyberpunk 2077 crashes with ReShade 4.9

dark1970 wrote: Sorry for repeating! I wrote in the first post! I have the same Cyberpunk problem as Torzi! I only use SuperDepth3D! Tried on windows 20H1,20H2,21H1 as well as drivers 460.89,460.79,457.51! The depth map is not displayed at startup - you need to press restart or minimize-expand the game! When loading a map - it also crashes! At the moment Win10 20H2! All components are not overclocked, MSIAfterburner is off! Nvidia GTX 1070 (driver 460.89), i7-8700k, 16GB, SSD!

Open a journal or something before ever touching the map. Don't know the exact steps to do it other than never open the map first. Granted, this still doesn't remove the crashing, but it seems to alleviate the problem somewhat. There's also some sporadic crashes when in the game world but the situations and places are so inconsistent that it may not be related to Reshade.

• crosire
More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #13 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Cyberpunk 2077 crashes with ReShade 4.9
Unfortunately I can't fix problems that I can't reproduce and I'm running Cyberpunk 2077 with ReShade 4.9.0, SuperDepth3D, RTGI and some other effects without a single crash. Opening or closing the map doesn't change it. And I can click on all the items in the depth buffer list without a crash and the correct data being presented. But it's not necessary since the automatic detection so far has always chosen the right one (from the start). This is on 20H2 with 460.79 too, so I don't really know what to do.

• Torzi
More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #14 by Torzi Replied by Torzi on topic Cyberpunk 2077 crashes with ReShade 4.9
Whoops, just realized you moved the discussion here.

Is the depth map making it through to SuperDepth3D for you on load? (Can you see it if you select an option in Depth Map View via SD3D)?

On the initial load of a save, there's no actual depth for me. The depth map via SD3D is solid white. I have to hit Reload on Reshade after loading a savegame, and then the proper depth is shown, but this is just in SD3D. Displaydepth shows the proper depth map everywhere.

If I don't hit Reload after loading a save, there are no crashes, but there's also no depth. To get the map crash that I'm seeing, hit Reload on Reshade with SuperDepth enabled, then open the in-game map. Does this work for you?

I'm also trying to hunt down any overlays that might be interfering, and I tried some tweaks to get the game to run in Fullscreen Exclusive mode (which doen't work for me). I'll try undoing those and test again.

EDIT: Yeah, not much luck here. The only default setting I changed for Superdepth was to set 'Depth Map Selection' to 'DM1 Reversed'. Tried different compibility flags for the exe, and also rolling back a few nvidia driver revisions.Still no FSE mode, but that's also mentioned on the CDPR forums.
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Torzi.

• Torzi
More
3 years 3 months ago #15 by Torzi Replied by Torzi on topic Cyberpunk 2077 crashes with ReShade 4.9
Alright, found something interesting. Hopefully its repeatable for others.

I was able to get the map up without crashing by leaving my monitor at 60Hz, using no frame limiters or v-sync, then toggling Reshade's Perfomance Mode off, then on again with SuperDepth enabled. (No full re-init, just a quick flicker)

I've been trying to limit the game to 45fps, and I think this may be causing a problem. Opening the map under any of these conditions causes the crash for me:
-Using frame limiters (in-game, nvidia CP, RTSS)
-Changing monitor frequency to 45 or 90 Hz (no frame limits or vsync, just the frequency change)
-Vsync on at 60Hz

Can anyone else repeat? (at least for the frame limters, and vsync at your monitor's resolution)

• crosire
More
3 years 3 months ago #16 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Cyberpunk 2077 crashes with ReShade 4.9
Found the problem, fixed in github.com/crosire/reshade/commit/da6e5b...cc86e5ac19935073e186 . Will do a minor release soon for this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: chtiblue, dark1970, Torzi, costiq

• costiq
More
3 years 3 months ago #17 by costiq Replied by costiq on topic Cyberpunk 2077 crashes with ReShade 4.9
I'm afraid the latest fix is not good.

I've tried everything: maxed all settings, maxed the NPCs number, went from1080 to 1440 DSR, checked the city map from all possible positions...
...the game still wouldn't crash!

So, 4.9.1 is not good, it's fantastic! :)

Thank you so much crosire!!!

I believe that SuperDepth3D with ReShade is now definitely in the position to replace the defunct NVidia 3D Vision. You guys are legends!

Maximum respect!

• crosire
More
3 years 3 months ago #18 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Cyberpunk 2077 crashes with ReShade 4.9
You had me there for a second =D
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tojkar

• dark1970
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 3 months ago #19 by dark1970 Replied by dark1970 on topic Cyberpunk 2077 crashes with ReShade 4.9
Thanks a lot crosire! With 4.9.1 it works as it should!

• costiq
More
3 years 3 months ago #20 by costiq Replied by costiq on topic Cyberpunk 2077 crashes with ReShade 4.9

crosire wrote: You had me there for a second =D

Sorry, I had to. Was too excited after seeing it work so perfectly! 

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.