Reshade not loading Menu

• Hidetoshi6721
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #1 by Hidetoshi6721 Reshade not loading Menu was created by Hidetoshi6721
Installed ReShade with the usual steps, but the menu is not showing. My game is Open Rails.
This is what was written in the log file:

​​
If you are reading this after launching the game at least once, it likely means ReShade was not loaded by the game.

In that event here are some steps you can try to resolve this:

1) Make sure this file and the related DLL are really in the same directory as the game executable.
   If that is the case and it does not work regardless, check if there is a 'bin' directory, move them there and try again.

2) Try running the game with elevated user permissions by doing a right click on its executable and choosing 'Run as administrator'.

3) If the game crashes, try disabling all game overlays (like Origin), recording software (like Fraps), FPS displaying software,
   GPU overclocking and tweaking software and other proxy DLLs (like ENB, Helix or Umod).

4) If none of the above helps, you can get support on the forums at reshade.me/forum . But search for your problem before
   creating a new topic, as somebody else may have already found a solution.
​​​​​​I tried all the above, but none worked. Please help.
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by Hidetoshi6721.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
3 years 2 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Reshade not loading Menu
That game is loading D3D directly from your system32 directory and therefore circumvents any ReShade install. This means the standard way of loading ReShade won't work.

There are alternative solutions though:
  • The easiest (and preferred if you don't want to dive into Windows details) solution is injecting ReShade via an injector. There is a guide on how to do that here: framedsc.github.io/ReshadeGuides/reshadeuwp.htm
  • The more advanced solution is forcing the game to load D3D (and therefore ReShade) from its application directory (where ReShade was installed to) with the help of a Windows developer feature. This should be possible by creating a file called "OpenRails.exe.local" in the same directory as "OpenRails.exe" (or however the game executable is called). Also will need to set the registry key "DevOverrideEnable" to "1" in "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options". See docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/d...-library-redirection for details. Have never tested this myself though.

• Nightnoon
More
2 years 2 months ago #3 by Nightnoon Replied by Nightnoon on topic Reshade not loading Menu
Hello. i have this problem too. I've been trying to install Reshade for the third day already .. I even did a Windows restore to factory settings, but nothing. It seems that the Reshade installer somehow does not work correctly (select a game or application - no program is displayed in this menu + the installer installs the selected shaders and textures very quickly), although I remember how it was installed differently before - I had to click on the checkboxes confirmation several more times during the installation process. I want to try to install with an injector, but I don’t understand how to do it for The sims 4, maybe there is a video ..? I also tried the second method, but it didn't work. Help me please. Here is the link to my question reshade.me/forum/search?query=If%20you%2...ildforums=1&catids=9

• Parabellums
More
1 year 2 weeks ago #4 by Parabellums Replied by Parabellums on topic Reshade not loading Menu
Hello, i'm having the same issue with the reshade and sims 4. My sims game launches fine, but the reshade overlay & tutorial never pop up. Wondering if you found a way to solve this issue

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.