Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Witcher 3 and ReShade 0.18.4 = occasional stutter

Witcher 3 and ReShade 0.18.4 = occasional stutter 2 years 3 months ago #1

• MonarchX
  • Thank you received: 17
Yup :( . I tested several times. I use the framework version with performance tweak (makes it faster than original ReShade SweetFX). All I had enabled was SMAA, FXAA, and LumaSharpen. Even if I left only SMAA enabled, the game framerate would decrease barely, but I would get semi-frequent stutters in Borderless Mode. Borderless Mode has a tendency to cause stutters on its own in some games, but in Witcher 3 it doesn't as long as ReShade SweetFX is not used. I didn't just set everything to 0 in SweetFX config to get rid of stutters, but I had to remove DXGI.dll, ReShade.FX, and ReShade folder to get back to smooth gameplay.

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem? Should I ask in Framework sub-section of the forum?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Witcher 3 and ReShade 0.18.4 = occasional stutter 2 years 3 months ago #2

• Wicked Sick
  • Die young or suffer (Forgive my poor English)
  • Thank you received: 106
You mean something like this?

Or this?

And these?

I am always playing with reshade and before that I used the old builds fo SFX. So, I would not know how these games would behave without it, but I do get this frame drops.

I am not sure if it is because of ReShade or just my computer dying. But if you find a solution, please, post here...
Finding relief somewhere between a tree's branch and its shade.
Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Wicked Sick.

Witcher 3 and ReShade 0.18.4 = occasional stutter 2 years 3 months ago #3

• MonarchX
  • Thank you received: 17
I am not sure that is it. My framerate does not vary that much in any game, but in Witcher 3, I just occasional mini-stutter when the game just stops for a few milliseconds. I think it may be a dropped frame or something like that. It could be just due to Borderless Window mode...

Witcher 3 and ReShade 0.18.4 = occasional stutter 2 years 3 months ago #4

does it still do that without reshade installed? I do get occasional stutters but I thought because I was loading another part of the world in game