Reshade Causing The Sims 4 to freeze on start menu

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #1 by Snowrella
So my issue is that my reshade is not working on my computer. I have sims 4 on my gaming laptop with the same mods, same files, same saves on the laptop as my computer and it works fine on my laptop. On my computer, when I try to start the sims 4, it will start but then it will freeze on the "Sims 4" menu, with the reshade bar loading stuck at the top. When I uninstall reshade, my sims will start up completly. I tried reinstalling the game twice, tried reshade without mods, replaced my electronic arts folder with a new one. I even read a suggestion to install Directx runtime, but nothing is working. If any could help me out, I would greatly appreciate the help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #2 by Kilehynn
I have kinda the same problem since the last update of the Sims, my reshade is stuck on loading a certain number of effects...

More
6 months 4 weeks ago - 6 months 4 weeks ago #3 by Genaeve
I am having the same issue.
Did either of you find a solution?

Found the issue! At least for me. I was not installing all the shaders. 

Last edit: 6 months 4 weeks ago by Genaeve.

More
6 months 3 weeks ago - 6 months 3 weeks ago #4 by intramoon
Last night my ReShade randomly stopped working, now when I run ReShade TS4 immediately stops responding indefinitely and then has to be forced to quit (sometimes it crashes on its own). My game does open without ReShade. 

This is what I’ve tried (my mods have not been installed during any of this) ...
  • my game was not up-to-date when it broke, so I updated it. Didn’t work.
  • manually uninstalling ReShade 3.0.8 and reinstalling 3.0.8. Didn’t work.
  • uninstalling ReShade with the installer and installing 4.9.1. Didn’t work.
  • updated my graphic card drivers and did the optional windows quality update. Nope.
  • check to make sure my DirectX was updated to Direct12, it is. 
  • tried different combinations restarting my PC between reinstalling ReShade. I got it to open once but after that still crashes.
  • uninstalling the sims and reinstalling it, then trying to install ReShade again. Same issue.
Last edit: 6 months 3 weeks ago by intramoon.