Reshade crashing Sims 4 at various times

• mortimergoth
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #1 by mortimergoth Reshade crashing Sims 4 at various times was created by mortimergoth
Hi! I've been using Reshade for a couple of years and have never had any issues with it until yesterday. I use two different presets, one for gameplay and one for screenshots. When I was in live mode and went to change the preset to the one for screenshots, the whole game crashed. Last I used the screenshot preset was about a month ago and I had no issues. Yesterday the gameplay preset was working just fine.

Now the game completely crashes at startup, sometimes at random, and I cannot open my game at all. Other times it's stuck on compiling and freezes the whole computer. I haven't changed any settings or anything in Reshade in a very long time, other than switching between my gameplay and screenshot presets. Also, I know everything is installed correctly because I've been using Reshade for a couple years with no adjustments.

I've tried various things for troubleshooting and have spent the last 8 hours trying to pinpoint what's causing the issue with no luck. I've tried launching the game with Reshade but without mods. I've repaired my game in Origin. I've tried to isolate a problem file by launching the game with different shaders and textures removed from the bin. I've tried changing the name of the d3d9.dll file. I've tried disabling Razer Cortex on my computer. I've reinstalled Reshade multiple times and have tried legacy versions as well, but it's still completely unusable. Help?
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by mortimergoth. Reason: More info

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• intramoon
More
3 years 3 weeks ago #2 by intramoon Replied by intramoon on topic Reshade crashing Sims 4 at various times
I having the same issue. My game was working just fine with ReShade and all of a sudden it stopped working with ReShade. It doesn't respond almost immediately after opening. 

• intramoon
More
3 years 3 weeks ago #3 by intramoon Replied by intramoon on topic Reshade crashing Sims 4 at various times
I was able to solve my problem by turning off Origin's In-Game overlay. It would cause my game not to respond when it was opening. The camera did spin pretty crazy after turning it off still but after restarting my computer it was fixed. Hope this helps!

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.