[SOLVED] Reshade 4.9.1 randomly stops working in game

• Zer0Morph
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 4 weeks ago - 3 years 4 weeks ago #1 by Zer0Morph Reshade 4.9.1 randomly stops working in game was created by Zer0Morph
I have version 4.9.1 and I'm playing Space Engineers using Adaptive Sharpen and DELC_Sharpen. Both work great, when they're working. Randomly while playing, the effects will just stop working without any warning or message. Reshade still works, and when I hit HOME, it tells me to hit 0 on the number pad to re-enable the effects, which also works. Why do the effects just shut off randomly where I have to turn them back on?

The actual message I get is "Effects are disabled. Press 'Numpad 0' to enable them again."

Any help would be great! I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 with .NET Framework 4.8.
Last edit: 3 years 4 weeks ago by Zer0Morph.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
3 years 4 weeks ago - 3 years 4 weeks ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Reshade 4.9.1 randomly stops working in game
You have set your effect toggle key to "Numpad 0" (this is not the default, by default that shortcut is unbound, so you must have configured that at some point) and are apparently hitting Numpad 0 in-game, which will disable effects. You can go to the settings page to unset that shortcut again.
Last edit: 3 years 4 weeks ago by crosire.

• Zer0Morph
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 4 weeks ago #3 by Zer0Morph Replied by Zer0Morph on topic Reshade 4.9.1 randomly stops working in game
Strange, I didn't think I was hitting Numpad 0 as I don't have anything in my game controls bound to the Numpad, though I do hit 0 on the 1-9 + 0 keys all the time, as those are my hotkeys for my toolbelt.

Either way, thanks for the quick response, Crosire, and I'll unbound that key immediately and see if it happens again. By the way, Reshade is such an incredible program that makes this game (and many others) look incredible. Thank you for all of your hard work in making this for us as a free program. Is there a way to donate some money for your work?
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire

• crosire
More
3 years 4 weeks ago - 3 years 4 weeks ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Reshade 4.9.1 randomly stops working in game
Thank you, it's appreciated! There is a Patreon link near the download button on the homepage if you want to support the project, but don't feel obligated. Let me know if unbinding the toggle key doesn't help (although I don't see another reason that could cause random effect disablement with the message you mentioned).
Last edit: 3 years 4 weeks ago by crosire.

• Zer0Morph
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 4 weeks ago #5 by Zer0Morph Replied by Zer0Morph on topic Reshade 4.9.1 randomly stops working in game
I'll check out the Patreon link... someone's got to be paying for website maintenance. :)

So I took your suggestion and went on a solid 8 hour gaming binge tonight and it never messed up once. This was happening several times per hour before so it's clear that it was me being a doofus. Thank you for helping me figure out what I was doing wrong, as Reshade has taken my game's graphics to the next level. I own a Titan X (Pascal) video card (yes, the $1200 one) and many games don't even make it sweat, so having Reshade on full power really does make games look 'Next Gen'. Incredible stuff!

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.