Red message: "Unable to save current preset.Make sure you have write permission"

• PKPL
  • Topic Author
More
I wanted to install the reshade for Farming Simulator 19 (fs19). There was no Farming Simulator2019 Game in the choice of the game or anything related to it. So I clicked browse and selected C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Farming Simulator 2019 \ x64 and FarmingSimulator2019Game. Shaders installed successfully. I started the game. Shaders are working fine, but there is a red message at the top of the screen "Unable to save current preset. Make sure you have write permissions to C: \ Programs Files (x86) \ Farming Simulator 2019 \ x64 \ DefaultPreset. Ini" I don't understand what to do to do this there was no. Please help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tojkar
More
3 years 1 day ago #2 by Tojkar Replied by Tojkar on topic Red message: "Unable to save current preset.Make sure you have write permission"
Never install any game into the default directory the installer provides. Always make a custom folder where you install your games. That would solve your problem but will also prevent multitude of other potential problems with games.

But if that is not what you want to do, you could run the game with admin priviledges.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PKPL

• PKPL
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 11 months ago #3 by PKPL Replied by PKPL on topic Red message: "Unable to save current preset.Make sure you have write permission"
Thanks a lot for your help, thank you very much

• imvita-_-
More
2 years 11 months ago #4 by imvita-_- Replied by imvita-_- on topic Red message: "Unable to save current preset.Make sure you have write permission"
I have the same problem. I dont understand what to do. I need to copy all the folders of the main one and the create another one and paste all of them?

• REKT
More
2 years 11 months ago #5 by REKT Replied by REKT on topic Red message: "Unable to save current preset.Make sure you have write permission"
yep you got it buddy

• BlueSaints
More
2 years 5 months ago #6 by BlueSaints Replied by BlueSaints on topic Red message: "Unable to save current preset.Make sure you have write permission"
Ok so a lot of people haven't been able to figure this out for nearly years, and honestly I think we all just missed one little step that would solve all issues. When it says "Unable to save to preset" Or somewhere along the lines like that. 1.) You need to go to your game folder where you installed the game at. 2.) You have to find the .ini where it's trying to save your reshade preset at. 3.) You have to right click on the .ini file. 4.) You have to then click properties. 5.) Then near the bottom you'll see "Attributes" it will have the options "Read-only" and "Hidden". 6.) Then UNCHECK "Read-only". 7.) Last but not least click "Apply" and that's it you've fixed your Reshade preset error that annoys you 24/7. Hoped this helped :).

• bobalazs
More
2 years 2 months ago #7 by bobalazs Replied by bobalazs on topic Red message: "Unable to save current preset.Make sure you have write permission"
by default it is not read only and not hidden, so what you said isnt much help.
however:

you can take ownership of reshade.ini in the game's folder.
right click the file, properties, security tab. edit - add - change every one

In the properties window click on the Security tab then click on Edit.
- On the Permissions window click on the Add button to open the Select Users Group or Groups window.
- On the Select Users or Groups window you can enter the usernames i.e.,everyone.
- Then, click OK.
- Select Full Control by placing a check mark on “Allow”
- Apply the settings.

• Kissa101
More
2 years 1 month ago #8 by Kissa101 Replied by Kissa101 on topic Red message: "Unable to save current preset.Make sure you have write permission"
im on fs22 andi cant even found that file from x64

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.