[SOLVED] Not Detecting Games Anymore (Also applying to launcher)

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #1 by Chryssie
I'm trying to get reshade working for Dead by Daylight, however hours of searching for answers has lead me nowhere closer to a solution.

I had reshade working for this game perfectly before I had a new version of windows installed on my new SSD after upgrading my PC. After re-installing DBD I cannot get re-shade to work with it. Not only that but NO games show up in the list anymore. Granted I dont have many installed but both DBD and Overwatch showed up in the list before my upgrade, and the directory where I have these games installed has not moved. I installed DBD on the same drive it was on before and Overwatch hasn't been touched. It didnt even need a re-installation.

When I try to install reshade onto DBD manually by selecting the .exe from the file directory it applies it to what I'm guessing is just the launcher.

Does anyone have a solution for this? How does reshade detect games automatically? How can I apply reshade to the game and NOT the launcher?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #2 by Tojkar
The installer often detects multiple different executables from the game folder, so maybe you have selected a wrong one? Also, in some rare cases it does not find the exe.

Either way, there is a "browse" button on low left corner. Use it to find the correct executable manually.

Often the real exe is hidden in the folder structure. For example "G:\......\Remnant - From the Ashes" root folder contains "remnant.exe" but that is not what you want to use. The real one is located in "G:\......\Remnant - From the Ashes\Remnant\Binaries\Win64" and is called "Remnant-Win64-Shipping.exe".

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #3 by Chryssie
AHH! yes! that's sorted it!

My mistake. I thought I had checked all the folders. Thank you so much! :D