[SOLVED] Not Detecting Games Anymore (Also applying to launcher)

• Chryssie
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 8 months ago #1 by Chryssie Not Detecting Games Anymore (Also applying to launcher) was created by Chryssie
I'm trying to get reshade working for Dead by Daylight, however hours of searching for answers has lead me nowhere closer to a solution.

I had reshade working for this game perfectly before I had a new version of windows installed on my new SSD after upgrading my PC. After re-installing DBD I cannot get re-shade to work with it. Not only that but NO games show up in the list anymore. Granted I dont have many installed but both DBD and Overwatch showed up in the list before my upgrade, and the directory where I have these games installed has not moved. I installed DBD on the same drive it was on before and Overwatch hasn't been touched. It didnt even need a re-installation.

When I try to install reshade onto DBD manually by selecting the .exe from the file directory it applies it to what I'm guessing is just the launcher.

Does anyone have a solution for this? How does reshade detect games automatically? How can I apply reshade to the game and NOT the launcher?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tojkar
More
2 years 8 months ago #2 by Tojkar Replied by Tojkar on topic Not Detecting Games Anymore (Also applying to launcher)
The installer often detects multiple different executables from the game folder, so maybe you have selected a wrong one? Also, in some rare cases it does not find the exe.

Either way, there is a "browse" button on low left corner. Use it to find the correct executable manually.

Often the real exe is hidden in the folder structure. For example "G:\......\Remnant - From the Ashes" root folder contains "remnant.exe" but that is not what you want to use. The real one is located in "G:\......\Remnant - From the Ashes\Remnant\Binaries\Win64" and is called "Remnant-Win64-Shipping.exe".

• Chryssie
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 8 months ago #3 by Chryssie Replied by Chryssie on topic Not Detecting Games Anymore (Also applying to launcher)
AHH! yes! that's sorted it!

My mistake. I thought I had checked all the folders. Thank you so much! :D

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.