ReShade Remains Active on Desktop

• BirtDike
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #1 by BirtDike ReShade Remains Active on Desktop was created by BirtDike
Ok I don't have any clue why this started happening, but when I start my computer, ReShade is somehow active and ruining my colors, and being a digital artist on photoshop, this is absolutely not okay, I cannot proceed with any of my work. That said, It seems to go back to normal color settings when I open a particular reshade game, disable reshade and exit, but then I restart my pc and its back, even though all the reshade settings have just been turned off and the program itself removed. I have deleted EVERYTHYING ever mentioned on this forum after hours of searching. Everybody says "delete d3d11.dll, opengl32.dll, etc" and I have completely removed every instance and every trace of all of those files (with reluctance because reshade actually made Hunter Cotw look AMAZING) but this still hasnt fixed my problem. Also, after deleting reshade from a game and opening it again, it reinstalls something and shows that UI, and also comes back to those nasty artifact ridden colors.
Things ive done: Reset resolution, switch HDR on and off. Delete all corresponding reshade files from EVERY location. Reinstall/update graphics drivers. Attempt to locate reshade files in appdata (nothing). Reinstall reshade. Turn off reshade. Delete presets and folders. I even recalibrated my monitor (by eyesight) when this first happened, but that was not worth it, I cant even reset the original calibration because my colors are still screwed. Ive deleted the download folders, theres nothing related to reshade on my desktop. Ive got no idea and this issue is really pissing me off, as it was completely random and sudden and has seemingly no solution

Update: I just looked through System32 and there are d3d dll files there with the same or similar names to reshade files, im not sure if any of these files are linked to reshade so I wont do anything with them unless someone tells me thats where my issue is. The files im looking at are: d3d9.dll - d3d10.dll - d3d11.dll - D3D12.dll - D3DCompiler_33 (through 47) - d3dx9_24 (through 43) and the same for dx10 and dx11
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by BirtDike. Reason: More specific title

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lordbean
More
2 years 6 months ago #2 by lordbean Replied by lordbean on topic ReShade won't go away
It isnt possible for ReShade to globally affect anything other than a Vulkan based game engine unless you somehow installed the Direct3D 10/11/12 version directly into your Windows folder. Open a command prompt as administrator and type "sfc /scannow" without the quotes. If it says it repaired anything, reboot and see if it's fixed.

• BirtDike
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 6 months ago #3 by BirtDike Replied by BirtDike on topic ReShade won't go away
Thank you for you response! I tried that just now and it said it found a corrupt file, so I restarted but the issue didn't change at all unfortunately

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.