[SOLVED] Reshade and Far Cry 6 performance problems

• SubjectBucko
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 6 months ago #1 by SubjectBucko Reshade and Far Cry 6 performance problems was created by SubjectBucko
Using reshade with Far Cry 6 and performance his drops frame rates from 60fps to 40fps. I have tried disabling all third party applications like MSI Afterburner etc and no improvement. Performance hit occurs before any presets including Superdepth is enabled. Any help please?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Echo
More
2 years 6 months ago #2 by Echo Replied by Echo on topic Reshade and Far Cry 6 performance problems
Same issue:
once the dxgi.dll (or d3d12.dll) is inside the same folder as FC6.exe, the game starts fine. The Main Menu fps are just normal, but once inside the game or the buildin benchmark, the FPS drops 50+% down to 20-30 instead of 70+fps without Reshade/.dll
Doesn't matter what Ingame graphical settings are active or not (low or ultra/with or without RayTracing)

Tried a clean install of Reshade and also tried running with Reshade without any shaders/texture paths known in the Reshade.ini
Tried all previous 4.0.0. Reshade version that support DX12, all with same issue.

Its either the game-engine or something else within Reshade .dll.
Hope this can be fixed.

• SubjectBucko
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 6 months ago #3 by SubjectBucko Replied by SubjectBucko on topic Reshade and Far Cry 6 performance problems
With some further testing I notice Reshade version 4.5.4 not causing frame rate drops in engine with no preset enabled. However loading Depth3d and alot of other presets causes a instant freezing and a crash to desktop. If I manually put the Superdepth3d.fx file into the shaders folder this loads but does not recognise the depthmap correctly. So something in the reshade versions 4.6 and higher causing performance drop in Far Cry 6. Hope this helps. 

• dborosev
More
2 years 6 months ago #4 by dborosev Replied by dborosev on topic Reshade and Far Cry 6 performance problems
I've had my older card overclocked for years with no issues. But this is the first game where I've had to stop msi afterburner overclocking. Crashes fixed for me.
Someone mentioned underclocking by a few percent helps too.

• henrichsmith
More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #5 by henrichsmith Replied by henrichsmith on topic Reshade and Far Cry 6 performance problems
I ve noticed the same issue
I ve noticed in d3d11 tab there is a row (draw calls) of a 256 x 256 object that could be the cause of the issue,when I go to menu this draws disappear
I ve made a screen of it but I cant find the way to upload
it from disk in editor
regards
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by henrichsmith.

• Skinner
More
2 years 6 months ago #6 by Skinner Replied by Skinner on topic Reshade and Far Cry 6 performance problems
Yep, same here, also older versions like 4.5.4. did have the issue too.

• SubjectBucko
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 6 months ago #7 by SubjectBucko Replied by SubjectBucko on topic Reshade and Far Cry 6 performance problems
My hope is that Crosire will take a look at this. I have spent hours and hours trying to find a solution to no avail. Even tried disabling hyperthreading according to one internet post and this did not go anything to be honest. 

• Skinner
More
2 years 6 months ago #8 by Skinner Replied by Skinner on topic Reshade and Far Cry 6 performance problems
I hope so.
Not much reponse on this subject btw...

• joshmiller83
More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #9 by joshmiller83 Replied by joshmiller83 on topic Reshade and Far Cry 6 performance problems
Do we even know if Crosire is still around? :|

Would really liek to know why Far Cry 6 doesn't work with ReShade that well! Getting crashes in Coop and in SP related to ReShade... But Nvidia Freestyle works fine! :(
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by joshmiller83.

• Skinner
More
2 years 6 months ago #10 by Skinner Replied by Skinner on topic Reshade and Far Cry 6 performance problems
There aint much response on this topic sadly :(
Does anyone get RTGI to work btw?

• Voltar
More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #11 by Voltar Replied by Voltar on topic Reshade and Far Cry 6 performance problems
Hello everyone, I've discovered temporary solution for performance fix (found on Nexus). Just download modified Reshade DLL (all credits goes to CrankerX - a member of Nexusmods) drive.google.com/file/d/19BcOEvcGFr_I7wF...uFT/view?usp=sharing copy-paste-overwright dxgi.dll in \Far Cry 6\Bin\ folder and make changes into your Reshade.ini:
Delete all sections of [DEPTH] and [DX...BUFFER_DETECTION] and replace it with lines below (don't forget to save changes)

[DEPTH]
DepthCopyAtClearIndex=0
DepthCopyBeforeClears=0
UseAspectRatioHeuristics=1

[DX11_BUFFER_DETECTION]
DepthBufferClearingNumber=0
DepthBufferMoreCopies=0
DepthBufferRetrievalMode=0
DepthBufferTextureFormat=0

[DX12_BUFFER_DETECTION]
DepthBufferClearingNumber=0
DepthBufferMoreCopies=0
DepthBufferRetrievalMode=0
DepthBufferTextureFormat=0

After these changes Reshade will work as usual, withous drastically losses ~20-25 FPS
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Voltar.
The following user(s) said Thank You: srgamerio

• crosire
More
2 years 5 months ago #12 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Reshade and Far Cry 6 performance problems
Don't download random binaries from the internet. There is an approved binary with fix and explanation what was fixed here: discord.com/channels/586242553746030596/...2/899264525503721532
The following user(s) said Thank You: Echo, AssassinsDecree

• Voltar
More
2 years 5 months ago #13 by Voltar Replied by Voltar on topic Reshade and Far Cry 6 performance problems

Don't download random binaries from the internet. There is an approved binary with fix and explanation what was fixed here: discord.com/channels/586242553746030596/...2/899264525503721532

Opening this link in discord gives me something like "there is no text chanels" - can someone copy-paste here info from discord about this fix, please.

• danniellin
More
2 years 5 months ago #14 by danniellin Replied by danniellin on topic Reshade and Far Cry 6 performance problems
You need to join the official Reshade discord server first.
And you come back here to click the link and you are able to download that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Echo

• lemonpokemon
More
2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #15 by lemonpokemon Replied by lemonpokemon on topic Reshade and Far Cry 6 performance problems
And grant permissions to Captcha Bot, allowing it to do whatever it wants with my Discord account. I confess - I didn't dare to do it.
Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by lemonpokemon.

• srgamerio
More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #16 by srgamerio Replied by srgamerio on topic Reshade and Far Cry 6 performance problems
@Voltar Thank you so much :)
Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by srgamerio.

• Birdy62
More
1 year 11 months ago #17 by Birdy62 Replied by Birdy62 on topic Reshade and Far Cry 6 performance problems
Hello everybody
I was not able to find a working Reshade set for Far Cry 6 (except using the modified DLL). The last versions are giving me weird screen artifacts on this game.
Any solutions ?
Thank you

• VR-Punk
More
1 year 11 months ago #18 by VR-Punk Replied by VR-Punk on topic Reshade and Far Cry 6 performance problems
yep, the same here ! Newer Versions since 5.0 are broken, but 4.9 ist still working with crashes and performance problems !

• VR-Punk
More
1 year 11 months ago #19 by VR-Punk Replied by VR-Punk on topic Reshade and Far Cry 6 performance problems
4.9.2 Unofficial works great ! But your captcha on the discord is too complicated !

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.