[SOLVED] Arma 3 with ReShade & MasterEffect

More
7 years 3 months ago #1 by N4mEL3sS Arma 3 with ReShade & MasterEffect was created by N4mEL3sS
Hey guys,

I'm new on this forum because I have a problem with ReShade and MasterEffect using it on Arma 3. I found this thread: sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/2951/

I saw that he used the MasterEffect shader and downloaded it but after that there was given in the readme.txt that I also have to install reshade to use it. That's why I came to this site.

Here's my problem: If I install reshade, Arma 3 is not starting anymore. My question: Is that because Arma 3 had a new update some days ago? Or did I something wrong?
I already reinstalled Arma 3, just to make sure that it is clean.

N4meL3sS :huh:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #2 by Constantine PC Replied by Constantine PC on topic Arma 3 with ReShade & MasterEffect
Hey. Which ReShade version did you use?

Yes that preset is using master effect reborn shaders which require ReShade.

That particular one I made a few months ago and it was using a much earlier version of Reshade. Not quite sure which one.
But it was an older reShade .DLL
The one i currently use for Arma 3 is 0.18.4, not out of necessity, but because I haven't updated to 0.18.7?(i think thats it)

Here is a repository a lovely fellow made with all the previous reshade versions: www.dropbox.com/sh/jzn2jsb0zt55ci3/AAAjI.../ReShade%20Only?dl=0

Scroll down and you should see 0.18.4 Give that a try. Rename the reshade32.dll to dxgi.dll
(additionally you can use the most recent reshade version hosted here, click the download button above the forum)

Drop that .DLL in your Arma 3 directory. Which should be located in your steamgames unless you got the Bohemia version.
Make sure its in the directory with the arma3.exe

Then download master effect reborn: reshade.me/forum/shader-presentation/161...born-official-thread

Repeat the steps done for the .dll (install it to your arma 3 directory)

Then to finish it off copy the preset from the database and replace the stock values in the mastereffect.h file (copy and paste over)

Hopefully this helps you. I currently use Framework for pretty much every game including Arma 3 so I haven't played with MER in quite a bit.

Oh and a few other things, I just tested launching the game via the default bohemia launcher and reshade works fine.
And I just updated my framework preset... Little shameless advertising here. :P

EDIT: In case you have installed it right, make sure there are no other overlays up other than steam in-game.

I use Rivatuner and that's the only one i know for sure works.
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by crosire. Reason: Fixed link
The following user(s) said Thank You: N4mEL3sS

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #3 by N4mEL3sS Replied by N4mEL3sS on topic Arma 3 with ReShade & MasterEffect
Thankyou, I got it to work now after trying some versions. :D

Now I only try to make a hotkey for en and disabling it.
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by N4mEL3sS.

More
7 years 3 months ago #4 by Constantine PC Replied by Constantine PC on topic Arma 3 with ReShade & MasterEffect
Oh thats good.

I just forgot about this fix Crosire found out about in a previous arma 3 thread.
Can't believe this one slipped my mind:

Make sure you have the Windows 7 platform update installed.

support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2670838

I'm just going to leave that there in case anyone else has similar issues. This fixed someone elses problem with Arma 3 not launching with ReShade.
This can be considered "solved" Also it should probably be moved to troubleshooting :P

We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.