[SOLVED] Double key press problem

• shadilahham
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #1 by shadilahham Double key press problem was created by shadilahham
I am was trying the witcher 2 with the latest version (ReShade 0.18.7 Public Beta with SweetFX 2.0 Beta 8.7z) on windows 8.1

Everything works as expected, but the game interprets keyboard keys twice, for example when I press the down key, the menu focus jumps two items down, when I press Esc it's the equivalent of pressing Esc two times. This happens for all the keys in the game.

When I remove the dll created by reshade, disabling sweetfx, they keyboard keys work normally in the game.

I tried to play with the keybinding txt file in sweetfx but that didn't change anything.

Err ... help??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 10 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Double key press problem
That's the game reacting to both raw input and window input (because ReShade enables latter for its own input handling). Guess I need to find a better solution ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: shadilahham

• shadilahham
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #3 by shadilahham Replied by shadilahham on topic Double key press problem
Thanks for replying to this quickly.
Hope you do find a solution to this, because otherwise I really like reshade and would like to use it as much as possible on the games that I play.

• crosire
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Double key press problem
Rewrote the input system completly for the third (or fourth?) time now. Should fix these issues, available with the next update.
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick, SpinelessJelly

• shadilahham
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #5 by shadilahham Replied by shadilahham on topic Double key press problem
good luck with that.
Will be happy to gibe the next update a try and let you know how it works with the witcher 2.

I'm very happy reshade exists. It makes using sweetFx so much easier :)

• shadilahham
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #6 by shadilahham Replied by shadilahham on topic Double key press problem
any news on when the next update will be ready with this issue resolved?
Looking forward to trying it out with the witcher 2 and other games.

• crosire
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #7 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Double key press problem
It's out. But only the core version without any shaders (you can download that one and just use the DLLs though) and the SweetFX bundle. The update to the Framework version will take a little longer.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick

• crosire
More
8 years 9 months ago #8 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Double key press problem
It would be awesome if you could report whether it works correctly now =).

• shadilahham
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #9 by shadilahham Replied by shadilahham on topic Double key press problem
sorry didn't check here for a while.
I will try it tonight or tomorrow night and let you know.
Thanks for the good work:)

• shadilahham
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #10 by shadilahham Replied by shadilahham on topic Double key press problem
I have tested this with the Witcher 2 and this problem is solved.
Now I can finally use the latest version of everything!

Thanks a lot for the hard work on fixing this :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire

• shadilahham
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #11 by shadilahham Replied by shadilahham on topic Double key press problem
I will also try it with other games later and will post here in case this problem still occurs with other games, but doubt it :)

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.