In game shadows causing issues with Reshades DisplayDepth

• Star60
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 2 months ago #1 by Star60 In game shadows causing issues with Reshades DisplayDepth was created by Star60
Hi, I made an account just for this so explain me if I am bad at formatting this but I installed the latest version of ReShade (as of writing this) into a Unity game that as pretty basic lighting and I set up all the effects I wanted and made sure the DisplayDepth was working correctly but I found out quickly that the in game Shadows were causing the DisplayDepth to output nothing on most camera angles, the normal mapped version would be solid blue and the depth would be solid white. The effects don't look that great without shadows so I'm willing to do anything to fix it, does anyone know what could be causing this and if it's a problem that can be solved?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lordbean
More
2 years 2 months ago #2 by lordbean Replied by lordbean on topic In game shadows causing issues with Reshades DisplayDepth
If it's a multiplayer game ReShade blocks access to depth buffer info. This can (rarely) sometimes also happen in single player games if the game process generates too much network traffic (that's how ReShade checks).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.