CEMU Zelda:BOTW Water Glitch w/Reshade

• gamerjohn75
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 2 months ago #1 by gamerjohn75 CEMU Zelda:BOTW Water Glitch w/Reshade was created by gamerjohn75
With ReShade active and using BlueLegacy Definitive  I'm getting very frequent "water glitch" issues (e.g. random invisible columns of water in the world like  this ) in BOTW on CEMU.
Anyone have any thoughts what specifically in ReShade could be causing this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ffk
More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #2 by ffk Replied by ffk on topic CEMU Zelda:BOTW Water Glitch w/Reshade
I had this problem. But I don’t believe it’s a reshade issue. I am assuming you are using FPS++ Mod.

I set FPS++ to advanced, disable static, limit FPS to 30, set fence to 8 and accurate and I haven’t had the invisible water columns for quite sometime now.

If I set the FPS limit to anything higher than 30 the invisible columns start showing up again.

YMMV. Hope this helps.
Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by ffk.

• chigreen
More
1 year 11 months ago #3 by chigreen Replied by chigreen on topic CEMU Zelda:BOTW Water Glitch w/Reshade
Have you tried using opengl instead? Limiting FPS isnt a very satisfying answer. I can use OpenGL if I want to have my FPS be 30 and the games runs without the water columns. I cant get OpenGL to run consistently above 50 fps with out stutters. So use vulkan which creates these anoying water columns

Im glad you have a solution for him. Do you have any other suggestions in the CEMU interface that might be causing the issue?

• lazarescu85
More
1 year 11 months ago #4 by lazarescu85 Replied by lazarescu85 on topic CEMU Zelda:BOTW Water Glitch w/Reshade
How do you made reshade to work with vulkan? Mine doesnt work, opengl works.

• ChloeCDN
More
11 months 2 weeks ago - 11 months 2 weeks ago #5 by ChloeCDN Replied by ChloeCDN on topic CEMU Zelda:BOTW Water Glitch w/Reshade
Gonna "revive" this Thread, and explain some things about this issue, in case someone reads this in the future.

That bug has been introduced (or been discovered? i dont remember anyone having that issue before the update) into Cemu at some update (i dont know what it was exactly, but the update was mainly about Vulkan-Optimizations)

What causes it:
The main-cause for this issue are Objects (and i believe areas as well) loading-in too fast. AKA the Better your PC, the more likely you are getting this bug.
Higher FPS can also make this happen way more often.

What can you do to fix it:
In short: Nothing, other than buying a PC that has less performance lol.
In long: 
Fixing it is impossible. Nearly every PC-Configuration will run Cemu at a higher performance than the original WiiU.
However, there are a few things you can do to make it happen less often:
- Put your Cemu-Installation on an HDD if possible. This makes the game load stuff slower.
- Change your FPS to 55, or even 30 if you are fine with that framerate. This will make the whole game run less slower, therefore it will also appear less often.
- Change from Vulkan to OpenGL. OpenGL-Users are having this issue too, but on opengl it seems to be quite rare, so this may be the best "fix".
NOTE: Changing to OpenGL may greatly reduce your performance if youre on an AMD Graphics-Card running on Windows. Thank AMD for their Horrible OpenGL-Implementations.
Last edit: 11 months 2 weeks ago by ChloeCDN.

• Nightmare
More
11 months 1 week ago #6 by Nightmare Replied by Nightmare on topic CEMU Zelda:BOTW Water Glitch w/Reshade
Just disable the graphics pack and also the enhancements. Worked for me but the game looks like shit

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.