[SOLVED] 5.0.0 - issue in Guild Wars 2

• DocCovington
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #1 by DocCovington 5.0.0 - issue in Guild Wars 2 was created by DocCovington
Hi,

just a quick bug report: The latest ReShade 5.0.0 does not work properly in Guild Wars 2 (for me).

The whole game screen shifts a few pixels to the right and down when the ReShade overlay is active and a semi-transparent white border is created at the top and left edges of the screen. Upon deactivating the overlay, the screen moves back to its correct position (in both, Windowed Fullscreen and Fullscreen mode).

I went back to version 4.9.1 for now, while using the latest Shaders from 5.0.0 - no issues whatsoever.

My specs:
Windows 10 Pro 21H1
ASRock Z490 Extreme4
OctaCore Intel i7-10700K
2 x 16 GB DDR4 RAM
GeForce RTX 2070 Super OC Evo (Driver version: 472.84)
Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by DocCovington.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Juguard
More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #2 by Juguard Replied by Juguard on topic 5.0.0 - issue in Guild Wars 2
Yea, my GW2 is also very pixelated using 5.0.0. I'll troubleshoot it and post a screenshot/log later after Raids. I'm back to 4.9.1 DX9
Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Juguard.

• crosire
More
2 years 2 months ago #3 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic 5.0.0 - issue in Guild Wars 2
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juguard, DocCovington

• DocCovington
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 2 months ago #4 by DocCovington Replied by DocCovington on topic 5.0.0 - issue in Guild Wars 2
Just installed ReShade 5.0.2, and the issue has been fixed indeed. Thank you for the quickly provided updates!

P.S. Question: What exactly does the "Generic Depth" add-on do? I only use 5 Shaders (Levels, Curves, Tonemap, LumaSharpen, FakeHDR) and was wondering if this add-on was beneficial to me.

• crosire
More
2 years 2 months ago #5 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic 5.0.0 - issue in Guild Wars 2
It enables depth buffer access for shaders that need it. The ones you are using don't, so safe to disable the add-on for a small performance boost.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DocCovington

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.