5.0 Still no depth buffers on Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 HD collection

• Henriquelj
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #1 by Henriquelj 5.0 Still no depth buffers on Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 HD collection was created by Henriquelj
So, with this new 5.0 add-on that improves the Depth Buffer detection, reshade is still not able to correctly detect the depth buffers on KH 1.5 + 2.5 HD collection PC port.
It currently finds one buffer, with the same resolution as the screen, with 4 vertex and 1 draw call.

The game is a DX12 title (tho after decompiling the game executable, and reading reshade logs, it seems that it initializes DX11 too?), and doesn't seem to use MSAA, and also doesn't have anything network related.

I'm hoping to get some help here, see if I can fix this game, and I am willing to put some work torwards it.

Does anyone know why it might not be finding it?

Here is the log, I've removed the shaders compilation logs.

Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Henriquelj.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• peronmls
More
2 years 2 months ago #2 by peronmls Replied by peronmls on topic 5.0 Still no depth buffers on Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 HD collection
Yeah, I'm not sure why this is happening. There is really no reason for this to be happening. Maybe the launcher is getting in between things with its external settings menu or the game might do really weird work arounds. Very interested.

• Henriquelj
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 1 month ago #3 by Henriquelj Replied by Henriquelj on topic 5.0 Still no depth buffers on Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 HD collection
Yeah, the launcher is probably not the problem, as launching directly from the game's executable has the same result.

I would love to help with this, but I would need some pointers on what to do.

• Henriquelj
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 1 month ago #4 by Henriquelj Replied by Henriquelj on topic 5.0 Still no depth buffers on Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 HD collection
Radeon Memory Profiler does indicate 4 depth buffers.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.