Monolith (pixel-art shooter running on d3d9) will not load reshade.

• markiej
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 2 months ago #1 by markiej Monolith (pixel-art shooter running on d3d9) will not load reshade. was created by markiej
team-d13.com/monolith/ (running the steam version)

I have a decent amount of experience with reshade, and have had success with other d3d9 games.  I have tried the following:
  • renaming d3d9.dll to dxdg.dll / d3d11.dll / etc
  • using an injector (Ultimate-ASI-Loader and ENBInjector)
  • running as administrator
  • installing directx90c
  • a mix and match of all of the above.
I am fully stumped, and it's a game that no one but a loon like me would run reshade for - so searches came up empty.

Any help would be super appreciated!  Thanks for your time either way!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
2 years 2 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Monolith (pixel-art shooter running on d3d9) will not load reshade.
The demo of the game is an executable that self-extracts itself into a temporary directory and then relaunches from there, and therefore ReShade won't be loaded (since it's not installed to the executable in that temporary directory, but the original one). You can just extract the game manually though (open the Monolith.exe with e.g. 7-Zip and extract it) and then install ReShade to the new Monolith.exe you get from doing so. With that I get ReShade to load as expected (as d3d9.dll).
I'm assuming the Steam version behaves similar.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.